cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification text

Alice_darling
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Cannot get verification text from public mobile to finish activating account in public mobile app.

payed for plan and sim june 26, ported phone number June 29th. Phone and texts work, but no 2 factor auth texts are working, can’t get into public mobile account because cannot receive verification text.

18 REPLIES 18

@Alice_darling 

happy that it works!! Enjoy

Alice_darling

Update, pm found that port didn't work properly, changed to new number, now everything working properly.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Alice_darling

Yes I am talking to them already.

@Alice_darling  so incoming calls works?

you cannot even get the 2FA from PM login?

usually 2FA should be 100% working after porting is completed (NOT after activation , but after successful porting).  So, if it takes you long to have porting completed, it might be the reason and it needs a bit longer for all 2FA to come

But if you cannot even receive PM's 2FA and the porting was done pretty quickly after activation, then, please open ticket with PM support and have them to further investigate:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Alice_darling

Like I mentioned earlier, calls and texts to and from 10 digit numbers is working. It's the 4 to 6 digit numbers that aren't working for 2fa and PM's phone number verification to login to my account for the first time, I've not been able to login since opening the account and paying 2 weeks ago.

@Alice_darling  

So, you cannot make calls at all? PM charged you already?

Try to put your PM sim card and see if it connects

IF PM charged you and sim card does not work in connecting to the network, or if it connects and you cannot make calls at all , please message support here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

If PM charged you, the sim connects,  you can make outoging calls ONLY,  then it is a porting issue.  There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Alice_darling

It's been two weeks, ported from another big mobile carrier.

Mark613

If you just ported number from VoIP or landline, it's normal 2FA didn't work in the begining.  Wait 3 days, do a power cycle on your phone.  It will work after. 

@Alice_darling   yes, just type out the issue, and maybe paste the screenshot

Sorry, PM support is all online, and message is the way to engage support, no phone number to call

Keep checking the community inbox for support reply. However, it is very likely they won't reply until tomorrow morning

Alice_darling

Yes I started a ticket, but there wasn't an option to specify the issue, just generic text issue, I can't get into my account so they would have to message me on this forum.

Is there a phone number to call?

@Alice_darling 

at least you have the service working for now 🙂

I think it is time to engage support, please message them here

Alice_darling

IMG_2256.png

 that’s the screen right before the code is supposed to be sent. I’ve tried everything online to make sure it’s not the phone preventing the message, definitely on carrier end, maybe something got mixed up in the number port. But everything else on here says a couple weeks should have sorted it, still can’t get logged in to account, couldn’t even cancel plan if I wanted to and it’s setup for autopay.

this really need to be fixed.

Alice_darling

I did click it, it restarts the timer and sends a new code via text. Again this part of the login process is trying to verify the phone number, hence only allowing text verification, already did the email verification one step before.

Alice_darling

It just resends to text that I am not receiving. It’s trying to verify phone number for the first login since creating the account.

when logging in in web browser it does email verification code first, then wants to verify phone number, cannot get past this without receiving the text

@Alice_darling 

The screen shows you didn’t click on Resend Code.

@Alice_darling   

whed you click resend code there, what option you get?

and Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

Alice_darling

IMG_2255.png

Does not give the option, still trying to login to account for the first time since getting the SIM card.

yes phone calls and normal texts all work to and from with ported number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Alice_darling 

so your phone is working for both incoming and outgoing calls?

Try this, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.