cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOICE MAIL DOES NOT WORKING!

albertxu00
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dear all, 

I can't access voicemail from my phone (when I try accessing it the voice only says "sorry, talk is not included in your plan")

But I've checked my plan,it does include UNLIMITED Talk Canada-wide.

HELP!!

13 REPLIES 13

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@albertxu00 make sure you enter that number in your phones settings forwarding/ voicemail etc 

albertxu00

Dear all

Sorry for reply so late cause my baby had a diarrhea . Everything's been so messed up today.

I tried to dial 1 580 4001 as mimmo_L  mentioned and it works!

Thank you all guys for your kind help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

Agreed removed as solution.  To add it isn't always your area code and the number as i am area code 250 but my voicemail uses 778

I Didn't want to copy and paste the whole thread, thats why I linked to the thread where I found the info. It mentioned  trying  various provincial area codes.

Your answer was as always helpful...it was the OP calling your inquiry about any luck the solution to the question is what I wondered. Which led to me wondering what the fix was.

bondmi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your phone settings for VM numbers is likely set up incorrectly. Try dialing your phone number it should take you to your VM .You have to go through the phone settings to adjust auto dial number .

mimmo

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@

@@

Agreed removed as solution.  To add it isn't always your area code and the number as i am area code 250 but my voicemail uses 778

I Didn't want to copy and paste the whole thread, thats why I linked to the thread where I found the info. It mentioned  trying  various provincial area codes.

@Anonymous wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@albertxu00 any luck?

???? How is asking for an update a solution?

So that would suggest something worked. What worked?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@albertxu00 any luck?

???? How is asking for an update a solution?

So that would suggest something worked. What worked?

mimmo

@albertxu00 any luck?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@albertxu00 wrote:

Dear all, 

I can't access voicemail from my phone (when I try accessing it the voice only says "sorry, talk is not included in your plan")

But I've checked my plan,it does include UNLIMITED Talk Canada-wide.

HELP!!

Yeah as above. Is it only trying to get to voicemail? Or does it give you that message calling anyone? Can people call you and can they get to your voicemail?

Is your status on active or is it suspended?

My voicemail # is 1 (my area code) 581 4001

You can usually find all these numbers in your dialer or you can use dial codes.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

mimmo

going off another thread.  read last post.  basiaclly your area code + 580-4001 (or 4002)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Default-voicemail-number/m-p/276841#M7789...

try dialing one of those. see which one works to get to voicemail.   i think your voicemail  call forwarding might need set up to the proper number. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Is this a new account?  Do you have issues with calling any other number?  Not sure if this will do much, try going into the self serve and doing a password reset on the voice mail. 

albertxu00

Dear mimmo_L,

Thanks for replying!

I use iPhone 6s. When I press the voicemail button it say "Failed". The same thing happens when I dial my number or long 1 to reach the voicemail box.

By the way, I'm in Ontario.

mimmo

what is the voice mail number you are trying to dial?  that error message occurs sometimes when  dialed numbers are incorrect ie 1 digit too many or one number less.

what province are you in?

Need Help? Let's chat.