cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Select as Solution Button Correctly

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As a newbie I've responding to several posts and occasionally hit the solution button prematurely; or as often happens (to me), I hit the Solution button and then another response shows up with even more information and suggestions. Any sage advice how to "discipline " myself to get it right? 
Thanks folks

6 REPLIES 6

Koombassi

@NDesai 

Perfect!!!!

Just checked that out with your last post. 
Thanks for your patience on this. 

@Koombassi You can click the three dots on the reply you marked as solution and this time mark it as "Not the solution" and pick another one if you think that one was more informative. You can only mark one post as a solution. Most people will try to address your questions in a single post. 

Koombassi

@NDesai 

Got it! 
How do I go back, and make the change? I tried to figure that out but.......

Also, if I engage in a discussion (back/forth, as I am with you); and I click Accept as Solution on one of the discussion points; does the actual solution somehow link back to the Responder's initial reply to my question? 
Am I making sense here, @NDesai ?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Koombassi 

Since you are the OP, it is really your choice.  You also have the right to change your mind though.  You should be able to unselect the solution and assign to another post.  

In general, for the regulars, it should not be a big deal.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  

I will sometimes wait about 24 hours before assigning a solution to my previous posts.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Koombassi   you can actually click on the 3 dots to to update your choice and reverse your decision.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Koombassi Best is to leave it alone for a day or so. Then pick the best answer. You can always go back and change the solution that worked the best. 

Need Help? Let's chat.