cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Public Points (not rewards)

Mickey40
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have searched and scoured 😀 I have quite a few credits under the old program (late to the game!!) , that I thought I could use as a credit for my account, but this doesn't seem possible, unless i register for "Public Rewards". I see that if I opt in to that program, I lose existing points.
Any ideas here? Best option?
Thank-you
Mickey!

10 REPLIES 10

Sweetiee

I get about $8 and I’m so glad about that! I have been with them for about 10 years or more and I never realized that you can get a dollar for EACH referral! I’ll never switch to points lol 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Mickey40 , pleaseeeee don’t switch to points! I have regretted doing this from day one! 😢 I was here since 2019 so I was doing fine on the old rewards system! I don’t like the points system at all compared to that!

Mickey40

thank you!

Mickey40

You're right, I do! I only the saw the total amount of rewards (and pay my auto), I didn't see this. Thank-you!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mickey40 

When did you sign up initially with Public mobile?  If you activated after January 25, 2022, you are on the newer points rewards system. 

With the old legacy rewards ($), you should be getting monthly credits for autopay, loyalty and refer-a-friend.  You would not need to do anything since it is automatic.  

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

Do you not see the reward amounts deducted from your renewal amount?  More info on rewards vs points here.  As stated, generally considered best to stick with the old system and not switch - some of us who joined PM too late don't have a choice.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reward-rules 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mickey40  Don’t ever switch to points there not as lucrative as your old legacy $ rewards and they are tied to your account not your plan so you can freely change plans and keep your rewards I can confirm ,I change plans often and always kept my old rewards have a peek 

Handy1_0-1696103186280.png

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

They are automatically applie to your account at the end of your 30 day cycle. 

Mickey40

I'd be good with that, if I could figure out where/how to use them. 🙂

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Keep your current legacy rewards! You will save more money in the long run.

Need Help? Let's chat.