cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Lock Out

MerryMerry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife is also a Public Mobile customer.  She has been locked out of her account for more than two days already, and for this reason, she won't be able to change her subscription nor add funds to her account.  She is desperately seeking help.  Can some shed lights on this.   Can a human customer support help to unlock her account immediately?  Thanks

Posted June 3

29 REPLIES 29

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@QaisR 

Thank you. So I have a whole other issue to deal with.

QaisR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

actually, not on every point. The lock-out expired overnight. Someone here (below) says lock-outs last 3 hours. I have seen them stated as lasting an hour. In any event, I went to bed! But it worked in the morning, after the app had been uninstalled and reinstalled. So no tech team required on this one.

The other account I have been working on was not locked out, but it has needed much more work.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@QaisR 

The account that has been left in the hands of the tech team....is it the one with the user lock out message?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@QaisR @John_G1 

Thank you for the update. Not an easy fix at all.

QaisR

I think we eventually have a resolution - it's been referred to the techies in the 'back room'.

It wa useful, for some reason, to uninstall the PM app from the phone and reinstall it.

I have been fighting for two accounts - one of them got access after the uninstall/reinstall game, and a change of password (and accessing from an incognito account to avoid leftover cookies etc), so I could go in and change some things I needed to change. 

The other has been a much more painful battle, for reasons that are unusual so no point in repeating them here. But I had to provide a lot of authentication detail to the agents (about three if not four waves of questions) to show I was entitled to have the changes made. Given the frauds based on SIM swapping, that's fair enough... Eventually I built up enough credibility that they believed me.

I think!  The last message this evening was 'thanks, sorry for the delay, our backroom people will be in touch in the next few days, here's a file number' ... I suppose it's still possible that the tech folks will erect further barriers. But meanwhile the phone is working and I managed to update the billing info (but not the address, oddly...)

Good luck to you. It is NOT an easy site to get information from or to.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@John_G1 

Has customer support resolved your issue? My referral is stuck in this loop and can't access customer support as a result. This on top of eversafe not recognizing her email?!!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@John_G1 

And possibly a new glitch as I am getting the "login attempts exceeded" message on the community account after waiting out the hour. Now I will have to wait until tomorrow and hope that customer support doesn't close the ticket. Freaking ridiculous!!

#packyourpatiencewithpm

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Community_QA_ 

Lol...did I type neversafe? Oops I meant eversafe of course! 😀🐈

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

what is neversafe?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@John_G1 

Lol....the site has always been a little user hostile but introducing neversafe without proper beta testing and its glitches are glaringly bad and detrimental to pm customers getting stuck with this glitch. Don't reset the password again. If you get the error message again it confirms the glitch with the email.

Not that you want to hear this but one of my referrals has this glitch that I've been helping in the same manner as you....it's been more than a month without a resolution as of yet?!! 😪

Public Mobile is Grrrreat!! 🐯🐈👍🤪

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@John_G1 

As suggested above....get your friend's authorization to create a new email to register a community account and contact customer support. Customer support will open a ticket with the tech team to link the email and the account. It's supposedly easier to just change the email to the newly created email but takes a minimum of 72+ hours. You will also need to co-ordinate a time for when customer support texts his phone with a 2FA code to authorize the email change.

Hopefully he knows his 4 digit account pin # and it was accepted by the system. (If he activated before May 24th 2023.) Otherwise verification of the account is a little more onerous. 

John_G1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I may give that a try, thanks. the site was as user-hostile today as I have seen any website be in decades.

John_G1

Hard to know. The system eventually recognized his email address and sent it an access code - but then when I changed the password, it locked him out.

I will try to sign in tomorrow (more than 3 hours ater the mysterious unexplained lockout) with a cleared cache (I am using a couple of browsers) and a no-error log-in but I am not optimistic. No doubt I'll report back here...

hi @John_G1 start a new Gmail account for your friend. Use that to create Community account for your friend as temp account and start asking support help

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@John_G1 

This sounds like he has the eversafe glitch that does not recognize his account email. ( I'm curious if his eversafe ID creation occurred when the site was down for maintenance?) When signing in with a cleared browser cache and a typo-free login credentials do you still recieve the "email/password does not match" error message?

John_G1

I don't know how to open a temporary account. For his brother also having similar problems today, he at least could log in some of the time so got a community account (though he could not log into his main account) and asked some questions himself - or rather I did it for him, but in his name, consulting him as we went along by WhatsApp.  It would be easier to look over his shoulder if we were not a long way away, but of course technology can overcome htat, it's just a bit more work.

John_G1

Yes, both text and phone. (I haven't asked him about mobile data.)

hi @John_G1 

it is  not a live call center. I think the trick is to open a temp account for your friend (since his own one does not wkrm) , then he "asks" the question  and "you type".  When agent replies, same, he "answers" and "you type" 🙂

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@John_G1 

Does your friend currently have active service?

John_G1

the same thing just happened to me (working for an immigrant with limited English).  He could not log in with his email and password, so I went to Forgot password and they sent him an email with a code. I entered the code and changed the password (I tried the one that had failed and was told I could not use it because it was a former pwd!) - and then it said User Locked Out. The account is on auto payment with my credit card, which is valid. So what's going on, and what can I (and he) do about it?

The agents generally refuse to help anyone who is not the account holder.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@unprompted__ 

If you are out of the country your best bet is to purchase vouchers from muskbird.com then call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number to load them onto your account. For more info....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

And....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/td-p/...

unprompted__

Sorry for sounding naive. But how does that 611 thing work? I'm currently locked out of my old account (community and admin account). Where to buy these vouchers from? As I'm not in the country right now, I might have to call a friend in Canada to do me a favor.
Thanks.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@MerryMerry 

I've encountered this problem and no one answered my question of how long the lock out is.... ? Since it's one of my referral's accounts I have to wait to try again when we meet up? If no one can give you a definitive answer then contacting customer support via the method supplied by @softech will be your best bet. If you get an answer to the lock out time period I would love an update!

@MerryMerry   I recall seeing the message about the unlock is now 3 hours time.  Better to wait 3 hours

It is late now for support anyway.  So, I suggest you to try reset your password again using Incognito mode tomorrow morning.  If that does not fix it, open a ticket with support then. 

MerryMerry

After entering the verification code sent to her phone, she then entered the new password.   After "confirm" the new password,  a message appeared saying "User Account Locked".   She tried resetting her password every few hours because somewhere on the forum said the account will be unlocked in an hour.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@MerryMerry 

So she has active service on her phone? Then what is the issue with accessing the account?

MerryMerry

presumably Her account is still active as she uses autopayment

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MerryMerry  At what part of the login she has problem with ?

She has created an EverSafe id yet?

Or were she unable to get the 2FA code on the phone or via email?

Give us more details and we can try to help

Or open ticket with support via Private message:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@MerryMerry 

Does your wife have active service? If not purchase pm vouchers and add them via 611 to reactivate so that access to the account can be restored. Then contact customer support to change the plan to the preferred plan by paying the difference in price. They did this for me last month in a similar situation.

Edit:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/td-p/...

Need Help? Let's chat.