cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us talk & Text Plan failed

lolabels1989
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I just returned from a 3 day trip to Austin Texas - I travelled from Thursday April 14 and returned Sunday April 17th. Prior to my departure I added the unlimited talk, text and data plan for 15$ on Tuesday April 12. Unfortunately I did not have any service or data available to me my entire trip which was both disappointing and dangerous. I could not connect to a network - I tried all available including AT&T, verizon, etc. There was one point on the trip when I first got to Austin that I could accept and dial out but after that it did not work. I would like a refund please for the 15$ added and future direction on how to properly connect outside of Canada.

Laura 

4 REPLIES 4

JL9
Mayor / Maire

the two step process is what seems to be the issue for many of these. Although you were saying it one point you had some functionality. Some alternative methods voip apps/local prepaid sims etc may be more reliable and potentially cheaper going forward.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@lolabels1989 

You may have purchased the wrong Roaming plan. It is $20 for the talk, text and 250mb of data.

It is $15 for talk and text only.

Note, it is also a two step process. You need to add the amount into your account first then make you purchase.

The Roaming only works on T-Mobile and AT&T networks.

As long as the Roaming was not used then contact a CS_Agent to look into a refund for you.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you haven't renewed yet, do you still see the $15 on your balance? AT&T could be a problem but you should have been able to use T-Mobile. But check your balance first.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It looks like you know how to use US add on and trip is already completed.

Contact agent and explain to them you were not able to use US add-on. Ask for refund. They and you can see from your account if add-on was used or not.

I believe you did everything right: add funds to account, buy add-on just before leaving to US, trying to connect to AT&T or T-mobile, etc. There is high possibility that add-on is not compatible with US anymore due to shutdown of 3G, but agent should clarify.

- Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with CSA). Click Chatbot - Ticket and type ticket, then click on Contact Us, then click on issue you inquire about. Link for creating ticket will be presented.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Need Help? Let's chat.