cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us roaming

Benesau9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to call and text in us. I got charged 16.80 for that. But nothing ever worked when I was in the us. Can I plz have a refund and how can I make it work next time?

4 REPLIES 4

Meow
Mayor / Maire

PM will have T-mobile 2G network for US talk. Try to manually connect to T-mobile.

Engage Roaming toggle (switch/slider). Voice and SMS text will still work.

Data will work on LTE, but will switch over to 2G to make a call.

However, the quality of service will vary depending on the different coverage areas when roaming in the USA.

You could ask agent for refund.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Where in the US were you? We so far know that Alaska is dark to us.

Leave the networks on automatic. T-Mobile is the only thing that will let you connect so may as well just leave it on automatic.

Leave network mode on LTE etc.

Text should have been fine.

If your phone has been enabled for volte then talk should have been fine as long as you are using it. Otherwise, in that network mode screen, can you select 2G/GSM? Some phones can't do that now unfortunately. I found that in one area for roaming that the automatic drop down to 2G worked. In another area I did have to do the manual switch down to 2G. Text also works on that.

@Benesau9 wrote:

I wanted to call and text in us. I got charged 16.80 for that. But nothing ever worked when I was in the us. Can I plz have a refund and how can I make it work next time?

This messsage forum is usually only read by other customers. Sometimes, manually choosing the T-Mobile network can help.  To see if a refund would be possible, you'll need to contact a Public Mobile customer support agent using the chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Benesau9 

Next time, make sure you're connected to the T-Mobile network when down there, and if you want to call try enabling VoLTE on your phone or switching your network connections down to 2G. (some phones can do this, some cannot)

This is because the US has decommissioned the 3G network.

To get a refund, ask the customer support agents nicely and they may be able to accommodate:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.