cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - Need to reactivate same number.

nick13441
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@CS_Agent  I have a number that was deactivated in February 2023. Can I reactivate the same number again? 

I am okay to purchase a new SIM card and reactivate it. 

4 REPLIES 4

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @nick13441 

you might not need to pick a new number

but you need to first see if PM has the number in the pool

Submit a ticket wtih PM and ask if they can give you back the number

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nick13441 

Unfortunately, if nonpayment on a deactivated SIM longer than 90 days. The account will be closed, SIM rendered useless and your number will be lost.

You need to purchase a new SIM and pick a new number.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you did not paid the bill since Feb 2023 your account is closed forever, number lost.
You would have to open new PM account and pick one of available numbers of transfer number from another provider you have currently service with.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nick13441  number on account suspended for over 90 days will be returned back to the original provider

did you get the number net new from PM/Koodo/Telus? if so, there is  a slight chance they might be willing to assign you back the old number.  But you have to check with them, message them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

But if the number was ported into PM from providers other than Koodo/Telus, then NO, PM won't be able to help as the number would have been returned to that provider and you have to check with that provider

Need Help? Let's chat.