cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Grandfather LTE plan ($120 for 3 mo / 12GB) to the new 4G $45 / 6GB / mo ?

Francis_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My grandfather plan has been serving me well, but i am using data more as I work outside more.

With the loyalty, referral, autopayment, I am literally paying $96 / 3 mo cycle after tax

I also have a few questions:

1. If I upgrade from my current grandfathered plan, will I lose any rewards that might not be counted to the new plans?

2. Will this plan $$$ subject to change in the future? I remember a few years back, PM wants to raise the plan fee for this grandfathered plan, but ended up not doing it because of lawsuit. Not sure if the new plan fineprint will open this door for them..?

4 REPLIES 4

Francis_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi NDesai,

What about the current $2 / month autopay ? Do I lose that if I upgrade?

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NDesai I don't think a price increase is on the way anytime given these $45 and below LTE plans are mandated by the government. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Francis_C  No, you will not lose any rewards for upgrading your grandfathered plan. 
Can't say if the price will increase in the future, but just like they did for the $10 plan, they could increase at any time. If you think the new 4G plans are about the same, I recommend you switch to that. 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Francis_C hi no you will not lose any rewards they will just be calculated monthly, as for your other question I hope not but that's up to them 

Need Help? Let's chat.