cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Boxing Week promotion $34/50GB

JL1255
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I just joined PM on Black Friday with the $34/40GB promotion. Now I see that the Boxing Week Promotion is $34/50GB. Is it possible to upgrade to this promotion? I don't see it available in my account under 'change subscription plan'.

13 REPLIES 13

Sony16

I’m in the same boat!

ShannonGF

Update... 

I've gotten two responses back from customer service stating the same thing:
Screenshot 2024-01-02 202114.png

BUT If you want the 50 Gb for $34 you can get that plan via Freedom Mobile and it includes data/text/voice across North America for no extra fees (i.e. Canada AND US). We switched to Public Mobile for Black Friday and are pretty frustrated at the ridiculousness of them offering a plan with 10Gb more data at the same price and not allowing us to switch to that one despite having only been customers for a month:
Screenshot 2024-01-02 201815.png

LagrangePoint
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is a bad look for Public Mobile. I subscribed to the $34/40gb plan and two days later there was the $34/50gb plan. 

ShannonGF

Same here! My husband and I both switched on Black Friday and I’m pretty frustrated that they would pull something like this—feels like we’re being penalized for signing up when we did! Already looking to switch despite having referred 3 friends to join us last month. 

@Sony16  Thats why I just took new number 

Sony16

Oh man that's too much work just for a extra 10GB.

HI @Sony16 

you will need to pick a new number, and PM won't help to switch numbers between two PM accounts

So, if you want to keep your number, you need to port out your number, and then port back in

@Sony16  Yes new number , but I can always port the first PM number out to new carrier and port it back in on the new account/plan . But I’m not going to bother as this was just a phone for my daughter and she was ok with new number so that saved me that time and effort at least .but it’s still possible to do .

Sony16

What happens to your number? did you get a new one if you created another account??

@JL1255  Yes exactly, but the sim is free right now so I saved on that 

@JL1255 wrote:

So you created new account, new email, and bought new sim?, just to take advantage of the promotion?

@JL1255 , unfortunately if you want the promotion that is only offered to new activations that is the only way to get it! 😞 A lot of Customers have been posting wanting the promotions that’s only offered to new activations! Frustrating & disappointing but this is what Public Mobile did!

Edit: Of course that means if Customers close their current accounts they lose their add-ons, rewards/points, friend referrals, phone number & so on that they currently have but if none of that is an issue that’s different!

JL1255

So you created new account, new email, and bought new sim?, just to take advantage of the promotion?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JL1255   Sorry it’s only for new activations only . And Me too I’m in the same boat , so instead I just created a new account with new email and turned auto subscribe off my 40GB $34 plan and will now use the new plan instead . Didn’t want to have to go to this length but nothing else us existing customers can do 

Handy1_0-1703698806615.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.