cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Credit Card

phyllishibbert7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot update credit card information. Message is oops something went wrong, please try again later. I've been trying all month. It is the same credit card information, I only need to update the expiry date. Customers should have the option to update expiry only instead of having to re-type the information. In any event, it will not accept. My card is not at capacity. It has been used for years, the only change is the expiry. My bill is due May 30th. My service will be cancelled. Please resolve asap. 

Thank you

PH

14 REPLIES 14

Kirsty_911

Why should it be complicated?

Why should this complication remain the same year after year?

I cannot open a ticket,  I already stated, because the link the chat box offered results in an error message. 

Kirsty_911

No. Can I ask you some questions?

1. Why is this still happening year after year.

2. Why should updating one's credit card info require such complicated steps to try to do what should be straight forward? 

hi @Kirsty_911 did you use the private message link I posted?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You can also click this @CS_Agent and then Send Message 

Kirsty_911

Oh and I tried opening a ticket but guess what? That doesn't work either. Error message.  And I'm told to try again after clearing cache etc etc? What is with this??

hi @Kirsty_911 I have to admit adding credit card is tricky here. Wait an hour and use Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser  and a big luck.

And if same, submit ticket with CS agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kirsty_911

This issue has been going on for YEARS. Last time I had to replace my Visa I absolutely hit a wall and could not update it until I did a ridiculous amount of faffing about with incognito tab and clear cache and full moon sacrifice and who knows what other BS it took to get me there. Now I've just had to get a new Visa again and guess what? Here we are one or two years later and THIS PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN FIXED. I'm so annoyed at this - I was out of town and this created an enormous problem for me on my trip. I'm ditching Public Mobile now. I have liked the service otherwise, but I cannot understand why this should still be a problem with simply updating my payment card on the site. (In case of questions, I had my brother at his place try to update it on his desktop for me - same OOPS message and he couldn't get in either. Now I'm using a family member's Chromebook and an incognito tab and ...nope. No can do.)

phyllishibbert7

Thank you, I have opened a ticket

@phyllishibbert7 wrote:

I did wait the full hour. But I will try in another hour. I'm using desktop. 

@phyllishibbert7 , & you used your browser in private / incognito mode? We suggest that due to the website has cashing issues.

If that doesn’t work please use @softech suggestion to submit a support ticket to CSA (Customer Support Agent) for help with it.

@phyllishibbert7 sometimes the Credit card update could be tricky.

If it still does not work, please open ticket with support for assistance

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account) using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Contact agent ", then click "Contact Us", then click "Other", click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗""
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

phyllishibbert7

I did wait the full hour. But I will try in another hour. I'm using desktop. 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@phyllishibbert7 

We are customers.  We have no control over these system issues.

phyllishibbert7

Hi,

This solution has not worked. Please advise of an alternate solution. Thank you.

phyllishibbert7

I will try this in 20 minutes to ensure the hours has past. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@phyllishibbert7 

Please wait a FULL hour first

Then login My Account using Incognito mode and try again.  

Or you might want to try using the desktop with Incognito mode if you were using it on the phone browser (or vice versa)

Need Help? Let's chat.