cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognized transaction from Credit Card

Sheeba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I have been charged for this merchant from the credit card on monthly basis. But I don't have any account with this community for anything. 

Please look into this asap

Sheeba_0-1645800532901.png

6 REPLIES 6

@Sheeba wrote:

I have been charged for this merchant from the credit card on monthly basis. But I don't have any account with this community for anything. 

This being the case, I don't see there being any reason for you to contact Public Mobile as you're not even a customer. As mentioned by others, you do need to immediately contact your credit card issuer, except I'm going to say to take a it a step further.  Tell your credit card issuer/bank that you do not have a business relationship with Pubilc mobile and that this is an unauthorized charge.  You having no prior relationship with the company (Public Mobile) very likely means that your credit card issuer will immediately perform a chargeback and also immediately refund the charge.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sheeba 

If you are no longer a PM customer, I suggest you call your CC and tell them that you suspect that your CC was compromised or it could be a mistake but should investigate.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Merchant detail number is correct.

Do you have ANY mobile service from Telus family providers? Sometimes you might see different 'sibling' name instead of what you subscribe with.

As this goes on monthly basis, why you did not complain earlier? Amount could correspond to $70 plan with $2 off for autopay. Exactly $68+13%=76.84.

Your credit card might be compromised or somebody from your family subscribed to PM using your card.

You can ask agent if they could find which customer has your card on file and determine who is using it for PM service.

You can talk to your bank declaring you do not recognize this transaction(s) and ask them to investigate.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sheeba   do you ever have any service with Public Mobile/Koodo/Telus?  or any chance someone in your family using your credit card?

I believe you don't have an Active account with Public Mobile, so for your issue, you will have to open ticket with PM support via direct message here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent (You have to check the Community inbox, they don't reply via regular email)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Sheeba 

If you're certain this doesn't represent payment for services you hold with Public Mobile:

1. put a temporary lock on your credit card
  2. contact your credit card provider to inform them
  3. contact Public Mobile Customer Support Agents as below

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Sheeba Public Mobile is a cell provider owned by Telus. So you're saying that you do not use Public Mobile as your cell provider? 

You'll need to contact support for them to investigate.

Contact customer service agents. 

Open a ticket via: 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time) 

Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗" 

or send a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Need Help? Let's chat.