cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock phone

Ashleyroy1974
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wondering if there is a moderator out there who can unlock my phone. I purchased another and would like my old one unlocked. Thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9

I gathered that. But you don't know if it's locked. Coax a friend to let you put their other sim in the phone to see if it works or gives an error. If it works then it's unlocked.

Have you pulled off all the data you want from it? On my phone menu anyway, go in to settings, biometrics and security, other security settings, set up sim card lock - and make sure it's not set and if so turn it off if you know the pin. Then do a factory reset. 

Ashleyroy1974

No I don't have one. Reason for unlocking is so I can sell it. 

There was another question in there. Have you tried putting in a working, non-Telus/Koodo/Public sim in and see if it works? Again, why are you wondering?

Ashleyroy1974

It's a Motorola Moto G Fast. 

Was it a Samsung? What indications are there that you think you need it unlocked? Public doesn't lock phones whether from them or elsewhere.

Ashleyroy1974

It was a phone I bought brand new in box and placed public mobile sim card in it, so it was an unlocked phone when I got it. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this an older phone that you bought through Telus or Koodo and used here? If so then you'll need to contact support to get them to unlock it for you.

Ashleyroy1974

I got it at Walmart off the shelf. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ashleyroy1974   where you got the old unlocked phone from?

Only the provider where you got the phone from can help to unlock the phone.  So, if you didn't buy your old phone  from PM, PM won't be able to help unlocking the old one

Check where you got that phone from and ask that provider for an unlock code

Need Help? Let's chat.