cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock phone

vdeganis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Today I went to a store to activate and open an account which I did. They also gave me a new phone number. However, my phone was blocked at that time. The guy told me to call the previous company to unlock the phone and get the code. I have the code now but I don't know what to do now. Could you please advise what I should do?

Thank you,

Virna

16 REPLIES 16

vdeganis

Thank you, It worked. 

Please note that when I responded "accept as a solution", I thought that I was responded to the other person that I was accepting his solution... confussing!

@vdeganis   Yes, you have clicked "Accepted as Solution" on one of your own reply.

You can go back and click on the 3 Dots on the top right of that reply, click Not a solution to reverse it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vdeganis : The Accept as solution button is to be clicked on the post that answers your question.

Don't worry about it. You can undo it if you like or a moderator might come along and change it. But we don't know what solved your question.

vdeganis

Did I say that I answer the question by myself? If I did, I didn't mean it. I am new in this forum so maybe I touched something wrongly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vdeganis : Some forums have like a close thread kind of function. This one, the OP (you) chooses a reply that answers their question. That solution is worth a tiny amount of value to the person who you chose as the reply.

It's rather frowned upon to ask a question and then answer it yourself (or a sock puppet account) and then give the solution to that account.

There are rare occurrences where some time much later in a thread where no one has come up with an answer that the OP discovers an answer and they are reasonably entitled to have earned that solution.

It's also useful for future readers to see the thread and see the solution.

vdeganis

I don't understand what you mean. I received a solution, I tried it, and it worked. I am not sure what you are saying.

@vdeganis 

Please note that the Community frowned upon if you pick yourself as a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vdeganis : The above and this one is still valid.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vdeganis wrote:

yes, it did. thank you. Now, I would like to know how the voicemail works. Can you help  me with this?

@vdeganis 

Help Articles (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : 1. Where did you get Samsung from in this thread?

2. I've noticed this before but for obvious reasons haven't thought it mattered enough to take on the fight...exclamation marks are used for yelling or surprise. Question marks are used for questions. You can even combine them to ask something in a surprised manner.

just fyi Do what you like with it.

vdeganis

yes, it did. thank you. Now, I would like to know how the voicemail works. Can you help  me with this?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vdeganis 

Just put in a SIM card different from where the phone was originally from (if it is a Rogers phone, put in a PM SIM.  Similarly , it was from Telus before, put in a Rogers or Bell SIM)

When you boot up the phone, it would give you a message saying enter the unlock code and then you can enter the code provided

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vdeganis : Fully power down the phone. Insert SIM. Turn on phone. Any message prompt come up?

What make/model phone is it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vdeganis 

which model and brand your device!!

Need Help? Let's chat.