cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock my phone

Bev7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a Public Mobile account with my own unlocked phone. 
I transferred my phone number to another provider. Now they say my phone is locked. 
How do I get Public Mobile to unlock my IPhone?

4 REPLIES 4

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Whoa, @esjliv 

That would be some old phone if it were locked to Public Mobile!!!

Might be time for the OP to consider a replacement.   🤣🤣🤣

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bev7 wrote:

I had a Public Mobile account with my own unlocked phone. 
I transferred my phone number to another provider. Now they say my phone is locked. 
How do I get Public Mobile to unlock my IPhone?

@Bev7 

How long have you had you Public Mobile account?

If your phone IS somehow locked with Public Mobile from a long long time ago, use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bev7 

Is it possible you mean the number porting is being held up? (as opposed to the device being locked?)

Here's some information on porting a number OUT of Public Mobile to another provider:

To help protect customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.

The SMS text will read as follows: Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact our Porting Team. Thank you.

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our moderator team who will be able to assist you.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Bev7 

Public Mobile does not "lock" phones. 

Was the device an 'older' one you may have used with a TELUS or Koodo plan prior to being with Public Mobile?    If so, it may be still locked to them as part of the initial purchase.  If so, you can contact either to request unlocking which they will do.

In order to unlock it with the original provider, they'll need the IMEI number which can be found by dialing  *#06#  from the device needing to be unlocked.   If you know the device was locked to TELUS or Koodo, I'd try them first.   Then approach Public Mobile afterwards.

You could try using iTunes to assist with unlocking your Apple device - some have reported prior success with that.

Need Help? Let's chat.