cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock a phone when the carrier is Public mobile

Danibc32
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

public mobile is the carrier of the phone I need to unlock. They are also the carrier I use.

how can I get this phone unlocked?

4 REPLIES 4

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Danibc32 

As @HALIMACS have indicated, PM doesn’t sell locked phones.

Was there an error message on your phone that would give you the indication that your phone is locked?

Dial *#06# to get the IMEI number of the phone and check whether it is locked by another carrier:

https://www.imei.info/carriers/canada/ 

Such websites cannot possibly know if a phone is locked/unlocked with any level of certainty.  While a database could have a list of devices that were either sold as locked or as unlocked, it wouldn't have any information if a phone that was originally sold as locked has been unlocked. This is because unlocking is a manual process that requires the customer to enter the unlock code (exception iPhone devices), and there isn't any way for any website to have ifnormation on if the device user has actually done that.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Danibc32 

As @HALIMACS have indicated, PM doesn’t sell locked phones.

Was there an error message on your phone that would give you the indication that your phone is locked?

Dial *#06# to get the IMEI number of the phone and check whether it is locked by another carrier:

https://www.imei.info/carriers/canada/ 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Danibc32   When you  insert the PM sim (or are you using esim)  does the phone give a message that indicates it is locked and needs a code?  I would have thought if it was PM locked it should already work with a PM sim.  There are websites where you can check the original carrier of a phone by the IMEI but I don't know which ones are safe to recommend.  Have you also checked to make sure the device has not been reported lost or stolen? If it is asking for a code can you post the exact message here?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Danibc32 

Public Mobile does not lock devices.

It's possible you may need to contact telus or koodo as the phones that they acquired at one time were leftovers from their stock. ( although those devices were said to be completely unlocked, so that also seems unlikely)

Try a different provider SIM card from someone you know in the device to see if you have any service availability.

To contact a Public Mobile Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.