cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited pictures/ text messages $15 plan

goahypergenesis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Set up with public mobile yesterday. $15 plan option. According to the brochure at Walmart where I signed up, it was to include UNLIMITED text/ picture messaging. I can't text or send picture messages unless my data is turned on my phone. It is the only thing I have done yet my account is showing that I've used a bunch of my bonus 250mb of data. Is this right or is a gliche happening? I don't want to be over charged. I picked this option because it was perfect for my needs as I can use wifi if I need any other access.

10 REPLIES 10

JQ100

If your iPhone likes to send it as iMessage, there's a option in settings, messages to change it to "send as text message"

Evan12345

Hello, 

I expirence the same problem on Iphone. Generally the phone would like to send the image as an Imessage. I recomend searching on Youtube for a solution that can work for you. Also when your Data runs out it stop working and will not over charge you.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I recommend getting the app called NetGuard, I find it's better than the system data manager because it tells you if an app needs Google Play Services to have data enabled for an app to work. It also allows you to enable data restrictions for system apps which cannot normally be configured.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@goahypergenesis wrote:

Hi, Set up with public mobile yesterday. $15 plan option. According to the brochure at Walmart where I signed up, it was to include UNLIMITED text/ picture messaging. I can't text or send picture messages unless my data is turned on my phone.

@goahypergenesis  As others have already mentioned when sending picture messaging data needs to be on to work but will not use data. You should be able to send regular texts without data being turned on. Do you have an iPhone? If yes, make sure iMessage is configured to use SMS and MMS.

It is the only thing I have done yet my account is showing that I've used a bunch of my bonus 250mb of data.

Check iMessage and make sure it is configured not to use data.

Is this right or is a gliche happening? I don't want to be over charged.

Public Mobile is a strictly prepaid service so if you use up all your data it just stops working until your next plan renewal. So no extra charges ever!!

I picked this option because it was perfect for my needs as I can use wifi if I need any other access.

It's a great plan!! Smiley Happy

Let Gogle be your friend. Between that and youtube, you should be able to find how to access your settings to shut off the data vampires.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 im not sure on that one, I have a Samsung which is also android and I go in connection, cell data and then I can set the apps to not use cellular data.  You could google it

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GR wrote:

@Dolphin1 what kind of phone do you have 

Moto7 Play

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1 what kind of phone do you have 

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How do you do that ?   I'm new to this.

@GR wrote:

@goahypergenesis for picture messages your data has to be on but they won't count towards the 250mb.   What you see in data usage is probably the 5mb buffer. If you can set up your phone data settings to only allow the phone to use data and not the rest of your apps so that way you can send and receive pictures 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@goahypergenesis for picture messages your data has to be on but they won't count towards the 250mb.   What you see in data usage is probably the 5mb buffer. If you can set up your phone data settings to only allow the phone to use data and not the rest of your apps so that way you can send and receive pictures 

Need Help? Let's chat.