cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited canada-wide talk is really unlimited?

Alphagirl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I paid $25+ tax for the unlimited canada -wide plan from Dec 1~31, 2022.

But whenever  I make phone calls, It says I used all purchased minutes. 

It is prepaid plan. I dont understand why I cannot use unlimited canada-wide talk. 

12 REPLIES 12

Alphagirl

My plan will expire soon before getting REAL help from Public Mobile. 

I hope they reinburse me the money I paid from Dec 1~30,2022. 

Alphagirl

I almost gave up to solve the problem of my phone plan. I got lots of email answers but its not really helpful.  It takes too much time to read every detail and try another way to contact public mobil. 

Alphagirl

I paid $25+ on Dec.1 and  just want to wait for the last day of my plan, Dec 30,2022. It is much easier then try to contact Public mobil.  Someone took my money but nobody is interested in solving my problem.  It is so funny, I cannot make phone calls  but I can use the data from the plan of $25+. 

@Alphagirl  so, you won't be able to make outgoing calls at all since Dec 9 when you first opened the ticket?

Or it worked and then not working again?

Either way, try to reboot your phone once and see if it works.  Yes, there is an ugly glitch that happens to people sometimes.  Usually, a reboot would solve the problem

If it still does not work, and if you have another phone around, try to put your PM sim card on another phone and test it.  By doing that, it forces a reporvision of your sim/account and it could resolve the issue too

Alphagirl

I sent a support ticket, still I get the voice messag that I used all purchaced mins. In addition, I cannot make any phone calls since then.   

Alphagirl

I added 1 in front of the phone number, but it is not still working.

@Coverhiro wrote:

@Alphagirl It has been unlimited for my use, making calls whenever I need to and for however long I make calls for. Have I tried making a call and leaving it open 24/7? No. Have I made  or received phone calls or received phone calls around the clock for every single second all over the country? No.

However, it sounds like some issue with the account which a Customer Service Agent should be able to resolve send them a message @CS_Agent 

or follow these steps:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Please take note that the content that you're quoting about contacting a CSA is outdated.  While a private message will work, it isn't ideal.  All tickets should be opened using the chatbot.  It's not really a one thing or the other matter, and the private messaging option was never meant for customers to choose one or the other (the private messaging was only meant as a backup).

Please see the most current information where there is no mention of sending a private message and the current instructions only say to use the chatbot:  
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/send-us

Coverhiro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Alphagirl It has been unlimited for my use, making calls whenever I need to and for however long I make calls for. Have I tried making a call and leaving it open 24/7? No. Have I made  or received phone calls or received phone calls around the clock for every single second all over the country? No.

However, it sounds like some issue with the account which a Customer Service Agent should be able to resolve send them a message @CS_Agent 

or follow these steps:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@Alphagirl wrote:

Hi, 

I paid $25+ tax for the unlimited canada -wide plan from Dec 1~31, 2022.

But whenever  I make phone calls, It says I used all purchased minutes. 

It is prepaid plan. I dont understand why I cannot use unlimited canada-wide talk. 

Nothing is truly unlimited at any celll phone carrier.  If a customers tries to have the voice connection open 24 hours per day, I would expect that the carrier would terminate the service of that user.  Carriers have terms for what they consider to be abuse of the network resources.  You'll also find that some time after 2 hours in a phone call, your calls will disconnect.  Saying all of that, there are no extra charges for making or receiving as many calls as you wish and for as long as you like.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Alphagirl , if the above suggestion does not work, then you should use the chatbot link to initiate a support ticket and have your account reset which usually clears problems like this.  

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Alphagirl 

Yes it's still unlimited calling.

Just put a number 1 in front of the phone number you are dialing.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Alphagirl   yes , it is true unlimited.  But there is glitch sometimes

try to reboot you phone once

try to put a 1 in front of the 10 digits and that dial way as well

Need Help? Let's chat.