cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited International Texting

splynch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had this on my plan for a while but would this include pictures/video or is that a seperate thing?

14 REPLIES 14

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@wetcoaster wrote:

"through your phone's accordingly set texting app, without hitting your data bucket"

Yes.

I use the Google messaging app.

@will13am wrote:

Here's a discussion from the archives on maximum file size for MMS.  Looks like around 1Mbyte.  If RCS is used, I think the limit is 100 MBytes.  Note that Public Mobile does not officially support RCS however it can still be enabled complements of Google.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Data-limit-for-MMS/td-p/81051

I have RCS enabled with the activity launcher work around.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@splynch wrote:

I've had this on my plan for a while but would this include pictures/video or is that a seperate thing?

Yes, plans include pictures/short vids sending that are within MMS size.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Here's a discussion from the archives on maximum file size for MMS.  Looks like around 1Mbyte.  If RCS is used, I think the limit is 100 MBytes.  Note that Public Mobile does not officially support RCS however it can still be enabled complements of Google.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Data-limit-for-MMS/td-p/81051

@Ed404 wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

My bad. Reading and posting on the phone, plus multitasking - I was thinking of the MMS question.

No, video CALLS, are going through a messaging app and are counting on the data counter. Sorry to crash your excitement.

So I can send pictures and videos, just not video call?

"through your phone's accordingly set texting app, without hitting your data bucket"

Yes.

Ed404

@wetcoaster wrote:

My bad. Reading and posting on the phone, plus multitasking - I was thinking of the MMS question.

No, video CALLS, are going through a messaging app and are counting on the data counter. Sorry to crash your excitement.

So I can send pictures and videos, just not video call?

@Ed404 wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Ed404 wrote:

Does video calling require data or does it run off the texting multimedia data thing?

Your data connection needs to be on and working (APN settings!). But it's not counting on the data counter of your plan.

You don't need data in your plan for MMS to work, in the usage history it shows as "web" event.

Make sure your phone settings are configured accordingly. iMessage for example will send over a full data connection (= "data" event that counts as data) unless "told" otherwise.

So I can video call without eating up my 250MB data? COOL

No, video CALLS are going through a (messaging) app (FaceTime, WhatsApp etc) and are counting on the data counter. Sorry to crash your excitement.

Ed404

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Ed404 wrote:

Does video calling require data or does it run off the texting multimedia data thing?

Your data connection needs to be on and working (APN settings!). But it's not counting on the data counter of your plan.

You don't need data in your plan for MMS to work, in the usage history it shows as "web" event.

Make sure your phone settings are configured accordingly. iMessage for example will send over a full data connection (= "data" event that counts as data) unless "told" otherwise.

So I can video call without eating up my 250MB data? COOL

@Ed404 wrote:

Ed404

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Yes mms is included. If you have problem sending/receiving please not that most of phones need data enabled ande that the apn settings have to be correct

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@splynchPublic mobile is pay as you go, pay before. So you never have to worry about charges for things later. Either it works, or it doesn't. MMS (multimedia messages) have restrictions size as data size, image resolution, video length etc and is highly compressed by the phone to send on the network.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, MMS is included.

yanzhiqiang

Picture texting OK,not sure about vedio.

Dunkgirl

@splynch wrote:

@splynch  Yes, it includes multimedia messages.As long as you have it in your plan. Not a seperate thing.

Need Help? Let's chat.