cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data limit for MMS ?

fathom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
What is the data limit (if there is one) for pictures in MMS with Public Mobile?
I sent a couple of 5MB pictures and triggered a data usage when i checked my usage in my PM profile.
App such as Tetra can compress the pictures to within the carrier limitations.
4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the update, @fathom

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

fathom

Did a quick test sending to and from a iPhone 5s on Telus.

Using both 1Mb limit and unlimited size, the pictures I sent came out compressed at just under 1Mb

And receiving from iPhone on Telus was the same thing.

Completely non scientific but I guess Telus allows up to 1Mb is the answer.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Interesting question.  This page makes it sound like it may be phone and/or app dependent, rather than a network limit:  http://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/photo-video-messaging.  (EDIT:  it says "For file size limit, maximum number of attachments, picture quality, and video length, consult the user guide for your phone")

@fathom did you discover anything interesting checking the usage?  Sending MMS does not count against your plan or add-on data buckets.  Did the 5MB pictures go through?  Do you know if they were resized at all?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

nishufan

It's a good question. I guess the answer is no. Hope moderators can answer this question tomorrow. @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.