cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Canada-wide talk and text plan issues with sudden massive data charge

Danielle2453
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, could anyone please clarify one of the many issues I have been facing in the past days?

I am on an UNLIMITED Canada-wide talk and text since 2+ years ago. Never had any issues, my usage is very moderate. 

Yesterday, Dec 7, a 1000 Mb data appeared in my usage within 6 hours, with a message that I used all data. The amount is huge, unsupported historically, the phone was used to make a few local calls and receive a few SMS during an internet outage.

Question, please: Is an UNLIMITED plan capped? Why? Reported the issue among others without a clear, to the point answer.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Danielle2453

Thank you. I am using my iPhone, can see the usage that suddenly happened, but can not see any organized historical or payment usage. Will try to log in incognito, thank you. 

Danielle2453

yes, you were right. this must be it.

Thank you very much 😊

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Danielle2453 

I assume you are on the $25 plan. Your text and calls are unlimited. You get 1 GB of data which really is not much. If there was an internet outage your apps on your phone may have been consuming your data and not using wifi. Check your phone to see how much data your apps are using when not on wifi.

Danielle2453

Thank you, I submitted ticket on this as well with no clear answer.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Danielle2453 

maybe just browser cache and you are not seeing real usage, please use Incognito/private/secret mode on your browser to login My Account , check usage log to confirm and see if you see the huge data usage

And, you phone usage history could help too, are you using Android or iPhone?

If the data still a mystery,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.