cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected Number Associated with My Phone

Allen97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am experiencing an issue with my phone for a couple of weeks now. Recently, I have been receiving calls on my phone from two different numbers. One of these numbers is my original number, which ends with 2556, while the other number, ending with 7971, which is completely unfamiliar to me.

This situation is quite concerning, as I have not authorized any additional numbers to be associated with my SIM card. I am worried about potential security and privacy implications.

Could someone please help me investigate this matter and provide a resolution? I would appreciate it if you could check if there has been any unauthorized activity or if there is any technical glitch causing this issue.

6 REPLIES 6

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Allen97 

This is a weird situation that you receive calls meant for two different numbers 

please use the link below to create a ticket through chatbot, so CSA can look into this issue 

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Verbal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh I get ya now. Yes you may need to submit a support ticket. ( Maybe a porting issue?)

Allen97

No I dont have VoIP app installed on my phone

Allen97

Maybe i didnt do a good job of explaining my issue. Basically, calls meant for a number ending with 7971 is coming to me, while my phone number ends with 2556.

Verbal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Definitely a scammer. They sometimes use familiar or common area code numbers when they call to dupe people into believing it's a safe number. Now we can't even trust our friends, jk but I doubt your own number is calling you. Somehow they can get a familiar number and to show up when they call but I don't think they are actually using your number. It often is just on the call display label

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Allen97 , do you have a VoIP app installed on your phone with second number?  If not, use the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the web page and initiate a support ticket.  

Need Help? Let's chat.