cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update / Add a credit card for auto payment

m4tth3w
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I needed to update my saved Visa and it now has a new expiration date. 

I was not able to update the card on my account, I've tried removing the card and adding it, that is also failing. 

I have successfully updated my payment info elsewhere, but it's not working here. 

How do I get this resolved? 

8 REPLIES 8

HI @krs99   Message CS Agent for suggestion.  But this is a place that move slowly, so, don't expect quick turnaround

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@krs99 wrote:

Is there a place on the PM website to put in a suggestion about this?

Not really. They only way to provide feedback is to either open a ticket or contact agent directly. You can try and maybe your suggestion will reach upper management.

Updating CC is becoming an issue for many customers as slight typo rejects your card and you do not want to try to update it many times not to trigger fraud alarm.

It will be nice if they keep ALL details and you update field or two; particularly if everything stays the same but expiry date.

krs99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks @hTideGnow 

I have almost a dozen auto-payments for various services where I had to update the expiry date information and Public Mobile is the only place where I have to re-enter all the information they already have.

What a waste of my time.

Is there a place on the PM website to put in a suggestion about this?

HI @krs99   there is no option to JUST update the expiry date.  You have to go to Payment , Manage credit card and then use the Replace credit card option, there you will re-enter all the information again, just like adding a new card.

krs99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have sort of the same problem.

All I want to do is update the expiry date on my credit card that I already use for auto pay.

There doesn't seem to be an option to "manage" my existing payment info even though that is what the link on the PM site says.

Only options are to either delete the card completely or change to a different card.

@m4tth3w wrote:

Okay, it was the address 🤷‍♂️
Entered it without the street name's suffix

GOOD you resolved it quickly!!! Sometimes it is really nerve wracking situation when update is not working as expected and bill time is closing in...

m4tth3w
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, it was the address 🤷‍♂️
Entered it without the street name's suffix

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I would first try with different browser. But do not try too many times not to trigger fraud alert.

If nothing works, open a ticket or contact agent directly.

To contact CSA, there are 2 methods:

- Use the ticketing system for a faster response time (preferred method as Ticket is assigned and easy to follow up with CSA). Click https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and type ticket, then click on Contact Us, then click on issue you inquire about. Link for creating ticket will be presented.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Need Help? Let's chat.