cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer to new public mobile account

AvynM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Greetings Public mobile,

Recently, I made a purchase for one of your deals for phone plans. At the time, the deal was $35 per month for 15 GB of data for a year. Normally, the plan is $35 for 3GB of data; however, for a whole year after activating the code, instead of receiving 3GB of data, customers receive an extra 12GB for 12 months. That being said, when I tried to register for the new sim card I had purchased, it would not allow me to transfer over my current number that is in use. After chatting with the computer Simon, I already know this is impossible. However, if I can, I would like to stay with public mobile as a brand-new customer. Is there any way we could bypass this number issue so that I may remain a public mobile customer with my current phone number for this new public mobile plan?

Best regards,

Avyn Myint

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@AvynM 

Did you activate your Sim card with the $35/3gb plan and use the promocode? Did you choose a temporary phone number? Is this the phone number you would like to continue with as a new public mobile customer? Or did you want to see if there was a way of keeping your "old" phone number with your new pm account? What are the first 6 digits of the 10 digit phone number? What area and provider is your old phone # from?

Or did you abandon your activation because of the phone number portability issue? If you activated on the $35/3gb plan but didn't enter the promocode then it can be added by customer support. You can also change your phone number up to 4 times per 30 days or port in thru your self serve account. You can double check if your old number is portable here....

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

If you did not activate the Sim card at all then you may not be able to get the the promotion below as it did expire on January 4th but there are similar priced promotions available to you like the $45/20gb or the $40/15gb both of which don't have expiry dates attached to their larger data buckets. Heck if you want to activate with a Quebec phone # you can get the $50/8gb plan with an extra 42gb for a $50/50gb plan!

Is this the promotion you are referring to?

Screenshot_20230105_025110_Chrome~2.jpg

A little clarification of your intentions and your phone number will help us hopefully get you to where you want to be. Welcome to the community! We are always happy to help!

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@AvynM 

Unfortunately, swapping or transferring phone numbers between two Public Mobile accounts isn't allowed.

So you'll have to decide which plan and account you want to keep.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AvynM   yes, you can not transfer your current PM phone number to a new account.  Sorry, this cannot be done

and yes, those promo code is only for new activation.  The only way you can take advantage of the code on a new account and use your PM phone number is to port out your phone number to another provoder temporarily and then port it back into PM after couple days to the new account   But of course, you will need to waste some money on sim cards and the temporary account.  And also,when you are back to PM, you will be on the new rewards system, Public Points (no sure if you are on the old or new rewards system now)

@AvynM wrote:

Greetings Public mobile,

Recently, I made a purchase for one of your deals for phone plans. At the time, the deal was $35 per month for 15 GB of data for a year. Normally, the plan is $35 for 3GB of data; however, for a whole year after activating the code, instead of receiving 3GB of data, customers receive an extra 12GB for 12 months. That being said, when I tried to register for the new sim card I had purchased, it would not allow me to transfer over my current number that is in use. After chatting with the computer Simon, I already know this is impossible. However, if I can, I would like to stay with public mobile as a brand-new customer. Is there any way we could bypass this number issue so that I may remain a public mobile customer with my current phone number for this new public mobile plan?

Sorry, but the $55/20GB reduced to $35 for 15 billing cycles is no longer available.  Which city is your phone number from?  Not all phone numbers can be transfered to some carriers.

Need Help? Let's chat.