cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send or receive SMS messages

yukonrove
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am not able to send or receive SMS messages to or from many cell numbers. .
They are sent, but never received. This is happening a lot. Can you assist in resetting or fixing this account?
I can’t lot into my PM Account becuase of 2FA (not getting the SMS)

10 REPLIES 10

yukonrove

Issue resolved. The port to Public Mobile done weeks ago never completed fully. Phone worked, but not SMS. Contacted CS_Agent via Support and they initiated new port then I had to call my old service provider to do a do a manual port. Took an hour on the phone to do this. Finally fixed and working. Thanks for all the tips. 

@yukonrove 

it does sound like an account issue after all your tests.  Please engage support to reprovision your sim/account and they should be able to resolve the issue

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

yukonrove

disables Group Chat and MMS from iMessage menu, reboot and re-enabled it - Had no effect. Took put Physical SIM and placed into another iPhone and issue persists. Using a different PM SIM works fine. Issue is not with iPhone or Settings. Seems to be with Public Mobile. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@yukonrove , did you submit a number port lately?  

yukonrove

The obvious items have all been done.
iPhone has had Network Settings Reseet.
iPhone has had all settings reset.
iPhone has been restaated and this is a new iPhone.
Issue persists with SIM card in another iPhone.
Issue seems to be with PM, not the iPhone.
Exact issue is alrady in other threads.
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Texting-not-working/td-p/732990

I am wating for a CS-Agent to do whever was done before to resolve this issue.

@yukonrove 

again, try reboot and  Reset Network settings and make sure Carrier Profile is updated first.

If issue persists, disable Group Chat and MMS from iMessage menu, reboot and re-enable it

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yukonrove 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues. Since you’ve tried to reset network settings on your end, I think you should reach out to customer service so they can take a look on their end. 

Please click this link below to message customer service:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in (envelope icon on desktop, click your avatar icon in the corner and then click messages if on mobile).

yukonrove

iMessage is working fine. SMS is not. 

yukonrove

Done done and done... many times before posting this. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yukonrove are you sure you are sending SMS? Any chance you were sending iMessage or RCS?

Start with try Reset All Networks or Reset Network Settings 

Need Help? Let's chat.