cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to recieve any texts and possibly calls

m4llycat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not recieving any texts to my phone, as of Wednesday. This happened randomly and I've had no problems recieving texts up until then. I'm not recieving any calls either.
@CS_Agent

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@m4llycat think of your phone like a very small but still very complex computer, running apps from a variety of sources (Google or Apple, your phone's manufacturer (for Android phones), and independent app developers) and of varying quality.  Over time, small software can lead to odd behaviour.  More often than not, a simple reboot to reset everything that was running is enough to resolve sudden, odd issues like that.  It's a good idea to get in the habit of rebooting your phone at least once a week as a preventative measure.  Say, Sunday night when you go to bed, or Monday morning when you get up to start gettitng reay for work/school, for example.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

m4llycat

Yup, I had done that about a month ago now which is why I'm surprised it happened so randomly just now. Either way, restarting my phone seemed to fix it... but I'm a little confused still as to why it happened. 

Have you requested a transfer of another number to Public Mobile? It can take a few hours and during that period incoming calls/texts do not work properly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

m4llycat

I actually ended up restarting my phone and I recieved some (maybe all? but I can't tell unless I'm just being ignored by a few people lol). I'm not really sure why this happened - I hadn't changed anything when it stopped working. Thanks for a quick response!

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@m4llycat, I am guessing that you can send texts and make outgoing calls just fine.  Any chance something changed on your phone?  Do you have access to another phone, or someone else's SIM that you can try on your phone - to rule out a hardware or software problem on your phone.

Asside from that, i would recommend sending a private message to the moderator team.  You will likely get a quicker response than by tagging them.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.