cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the $40 4GB offer after November 20? For people under contract with another carrier

frankg1401
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For people who are now under a contract with another carrier, is there a way to hold the $40 4GB offer so that they can still get the offer after their current contact ends after November 20?

For example, let the potential subscriber to make a non-refundable deposit (say $120) which can be counted towards their fee for the first 90 days period? For exchange, the subscriber is given an option to activate the offer within a specified period (6 to 12 months after November 20, 2016).

10 REPLIES 10

frankg1401

Thanks, WearySky 🙂

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@frankg1401 wrote:

I still have about 7-8 months left in my contract, so if I make any decision to port to PM before November 20, I need to pay an early cancellation fee. I am wondering if there is a way I can avoid paying the early cancellation fee 🙂

I have a year left before my current subsidized device is paid off in in my Rogers account.  About $350.  But with the amount of money I'm saving by switching my 2 lines over to PM, I'll be recouping that cost shortly after I renew for my second 90 day period.  After that it's pure profit.  So you should do the math to see if it makes sense for you to do something similar.

frankg1401

Thanks, everyone for your replies and suggestions. I really appreciate your help 🙂

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @frankg1401;

No, there is no non-refundable deposit scheme for a delayed start. You need to become a PM customer during the promo period to bee able to take advantage of the offer. There are ways of reducing your bill a bit for up to 6 months, as @neilselden mentions, if you need to overlap with service from another carrier. However, those options aren't that cheap, you are probably better off looking at what your early termination fee from your current carrier would be.

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I hear you, but any way you look at it, you'll have to pay someone something...

The best you could do I believe is to get the cheapest 90 day plan (something like $70) and set it to renew with the promo plan.  Remember to make that choice before Nov 20.

Depending on what you're paying for service now, and what your cancellation fee would be, you may even break even if you signup with PM now and just eat the cancellation fee.  Depends what that fee amounts to per month for the next 8 months.

Hope you decide to come right over to PM!

Cheers,

Neil

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @frankg1401

In your case, you can choose any plan with only the text option and make a renew plan next cycle. For example, choose 90 days plan with text ,which will cost 70 dollars, but you can have at least 90 days. You can estimate you contact end day to make a decision. This method only works if your contact end within 112 days. Thanks

frankg1401

Thanks again, Neil.

It is actually for myself (I am not with PM yet). I still have about 7-8 months left in my contract, so if I make any decision to port to PM before November 20, I need to pay an early cancellation fee. I am wondering if there is a way I can avoid paying the early cancellation fee 🙂

neilselden

Hi,
Ah, I see (sorry, I missed that part of your post).

What you could do is get the cheapest account possible  (a day 10 text only plan would work for $11, I believe) and let it run out.  Then you can set the account to renew with the promo plan, as long as you make that choice before Nov 20.

When do you anticipate wanting this person to switch over to PM?

frankg1401

Thank you, Neil. Appreciate your response!

If I understand correctly, you are referring to current PM users who are already with PM. My question is more for people who are with another carrier, and have not started a relationship with PM yet 🙂

neilselden

Hi,

Indeed there is!

All you need to do is login into My Account, and then change your plan.  There are two options:

1) Change your plan now.  If you do this, your old plan will change right away, your renewal date will be reset, and your current plan will terminate.  Keep in mind that whatever you have paid for your current plan will be lost - you will not be credited for any unused days in your current plan.  (Special thanks to @daredogg for suggesting this clarification)

2) Change your plan on your next renewal date.  If you do this, your current plan remains in effect until your renewal date.  On your renewal date, your plan will change to the new one that you selected.

Remember that in order to get the promo, you need to:

1) get the 90 day length

2) select province-wide calling

3) select unlimited text/messaging

4) select the 12GB option (which equals 4GB per month)

Hope this helps,

Neil

Need Help? Let's chat.