cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Screening - Pixel 6 - Not working on 5g?

ZeUsername
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello There, 

Ported over my number from Fido on Nov 16/23 during the Black Friday special.
I've been having some issues with Pixel's Call Screen function

I reached out to Google on Nov 17/23 to troubleshot this issue. We could not find any issue on their end. I was given 2 suggestions, contract my new carrier (Public) or factory reset. I chose factory reset, and the Call Screen feature returned.

Fast forward to today, Nov 30 - the call screen feature is gone, I've tried the previous Google suggestions including a network reset. I don't want to factory reset my phone each time to have this feature work.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

@ZeUsername wrote:

Thank you @will13am and @Sansan - I have tried both. 

Seems switching the Preferred Network Type to LTE allowed for the function to show up. I've switched network type back to 5G - guess we'll play the waiting game to see how long this lasts. 

I have zero explanation for this behavior.  Generally, I leave all network settings in auto as a rule.  I just find no reason nor advantage using a manual selection of any kind.  

ZeUsername
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you @will13am and @Sansan - I have tried both. 

Seems switching the Preferred Network Type to LTE allowed for the function to show up. I've switched network type back to 5G - guess we'll play the waiting game to see how long this lasts. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ZeUsername , I have a pixel 6a running on this service and 5G connectivity works.  So does call screen.  Maybe check the settings and edit as needed.  Factory reset is pretty brute force.

https://support.google.com/phoneapp/answer/9118387?hl=en

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@ZeUsername 

That must be most annoying.  I would not and no not reset my phone. 

But I also found this on Google. I don't know if you exhausted this also. If so and it continues not to work without you having to reset all the time, then you might have to think about changing back provider or just live without it.  I hope it works out for you.

If you updated the phone app, it will break the "call screening" feature. Clear the cache/storage and force close the app. Reboot phone and wait a minute or two before opening the phone app again. Then select settings and you should see it enabled again.

Need Help? Let's chat.