cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls

lritualo71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the $30 Canada wide calling but unable to get calls. Tried to turn off my iPhone and reinsert sim. Ask friends to call me but it’s just saying: “No network coverage”.

Tried to use another android phone but even worse, I’m not receiving texts.

Just activated my sim last June 1,2018.

Any tech. suggestions or recommendations?

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite @mimmo I don't think it's a porting issue, since @lritualo71 mentioned seeing "no network coverage".  

@lritualo71 the likely reason you couldn't receive texts when you moved the SIM card to an Android phone is iMessage.  Was the person that tried sending you a text using iMessage? This would explain it.  You'd have to unregister yourself from iMessage on your iPhone before moving the SIM card over in order for that to work.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@lritualo71 Able to make calls but not receive is almost certainly a failed port-in. The moderators should be able to resolve it. Try your old SIM, it may still be working. Do not close your old account; it must be active until the port-in finishes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

lritualo71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all you reply. I have contacted the community moderator and provided them complete details.

I have ported in my old number provided my previous account number. Porting was not an issue. 

I have Canada wide calling and unlimited international texting with 500 MB data. Phones were not the problem. I tried using 2 different unlocked phones. Tried turning off and reinserting sim.

Can send texts and make calls. Able to browse internet and receive texts.

Issue: Unable to receive incoming calls.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mimmo Agreed. And very good point. 

mimmo

@mtfolks the user  tried both an iphone and android and had issues, that leads me to believe an account issue.  but as you stated without additional info it is hard to know what the issue really is.   I have gone through a factory reset recently and it should always be a last resort solution.  (usually for lgs and data issues). calling should usually always work.  

@lritualo71  what does your plan overview say in selfserve was    texting possibly not added?  does  outgoing calling/texting work?

edit: the more i think about your post (you only mentioned incoming issues) leads me to believe you have a stuck port and you need mods to resubmit porting details ( account number and name as on account invoice)

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would also say you need to provide a bit more context. Did your phone ever work with PM? Did it stop working? Did you port your number? Can you at least make calls, send receive texts, use data? What $30 plan are you on exactly? Is it Canada wide calling only? What does it include?

When it says no network service is that seen on your phone or a message your friend gets when calling?

You can try a factory reset of your phone and see if that fixes the problem but as @mimmo said you may need to contact a moderator to resolve. 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is there anything that you CAN do....send texts? browse web?

I'm wondering if your phone is locked.

GC

mimmo

what does your self serve account say?  are you able to make calls, send texts 

did you port a number or get a new number?

the no network coverage comment is teh one that throws me off.

i think you will need mod help.  follow instrustions below and include your porting info just in case (if you ported)

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.