cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Issue or Locked Phone ? "Invalid Sim Card (Network Locked SIM card inserted)"

jaaylu93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody would be able to provide me with some assistance. I recently purchased the SIM card and completed the necessary steps to activate my SIM card and plan. However, once i inserted the SIM card into my phone I was prompted to acquire a PIN# of some sort. I clicked dismiss to bypass this page which then led me to my home screen telling me that I have an invalid SIM card with (Network locked SIM card inserted) just beneath it.

If anybody could guide me to the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I have read that it could be one of several things wrong but no definitive answer that was exact to what I'm looking for. Some of the issues/solutions related to:

1) Damaged PM sim-card

2) Locked phone

3) Need to acquire a PUK?  

Additional Details:

Previous provider : WIND MOBILE

Phone : SAMSUNG NOTE 5 

4 REPLIES 4

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I used this service the other day

http://www.mobifree.ca/

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have used the below unlocking service several times with no issues.

https://www.mobileincanada.com/

danlouie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where did you purchase your phone from?   From Wind?  Or other retailer?

It sounds like it might be locked and if it's locked by Wind, here are instructions to unlock the phone through Wind's website:

"You can get an unlock code for a WIND purchased phone from Customer Care or in My Account if you meet these conditions:

• Your service must be active or fully paid up
  • You must pay the unlock code fee ($30)
  • You must stay with WIND for more than 3 months (90 days). Unless you bought your device outright (then you can request the code immediately).

Just follow the steps below and your handset will be unlocked in minutes. Make sure you follow all of the steps carefully, and enter the unlock code correctly."

Damaged sim?  Very doubtful, especially with the phone is actually asking for a network unlock code (you'd more likely get a 'no sim card' message if it was damaged)

PUK?  Nah - Once again, it wouldn't say network locked if it was asking for the sim card's security pin.  Also, that's a feature you would have to specifically enable yourself within the phone.

Plain and simple: Your phone is locked to Wind Mobile.  You'll need to first unlock it to use on Public Mobile.  "Network locked sim card" is just as it says.  The company's sim card that you insterted is not allowed to be used in that phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.