cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit APN

sharif72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new phone from Ali Express. It is P5 pro. OS is Android 12. when I am going to settings>Network & Internet>Mobile networks settings>Access Point names. It is showing Three default APNs. Koodo SP (by default), TELUS SP AND TELUS Services. I tried to add or edit APN. If I try toScreenshot_20220213-110139.pngScreenshot_20220213-110157.png tap on three dots on top right corner it shows only "reset to default" option. there is no Editing option. If I tap on any APN then every thing showing gray. unable to add or edit. I can not use any data service from public mobile.

I checked in the internet for this type of problem. For Huawei P5 phone some one suggested to go through 

1. "Enter 192.168.8.1 in the address bar of the phone's browser, and enter the login password of the web-based management page to log in."

I need urgent help to set my APN  and using data.

5 REPLIES 5

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Meow wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

One trick is to have access to Freedom mobile or ROAM mobility SIM card and then able to edit APN Settings to Public mobile and save.  

This is REAL neat trick! Did you actually try it @Dunkman ?

@Meow 

I have not tried it myself.   But, it has worked for previous customers. 

@Dunkman wrote:

One trick is to have access to Freedom mobile or ROAM mobility SIM card and then able to edit APN Settings to Public mobile and save.  

This is REAL neat trick! Did you actually try it @Dunkman ?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sharif72 

Some android phones do not have APN Settings for Public mobile and unable to edit due to manufacturer's settings. One trick is to have access to Freedom mobile or ROAM mobility SIM card and then able to edit APN Settings to Public mobile and save.  Then insert your PM SIM card and it should be working.

Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Leave blank

Port: Leave blank

Username: Leave blank

Password: Leave blank

Server: Leave blank

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Leave blank

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

Another option is to contact Customer service agent and I believe that CSA is able to send a file to update the APN Settings.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Is there something like unlocking developers' option on that phone?

Unless somebody here has exact phone with data working it might be tough to set it up, but I might be wrong.

You can always ask for agent's assitance:

Send a private message to the CSA by clicking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Good luck and keep us posted if you resolve this issue!

Need Help? Let's chat.