cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create new account

PMcNamara16
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Trying to activate my phone with PM again after switching to Wind for 6 months (definately a mistake...). Was talking to Mary_M yesterday, but she has not responded to any of my messages since last night when I was trying to activate. I use one primary email address and would like to re-activate my account with this email, but as it is still an active account, I am unable to login and change to another email address or just reactivate with that email.

Is there a way around this or do I just have to create a new account with a new email address? And in this case would my activity in the community still get logged with this account I am on from before if I was to qualify for any rewards?

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

PMcNamara16

@Mary_M Sent a PM yesterday. Is this issue able to be fixed along with the plan switch?

Thanks

@Mana, As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I had the same issue, and I was able to use a temp email, then change it without issue.  It is a separate system for self serve, so having the forum email the same is fine.  Actually, it is suggested to have the same email in both systems, to link community rewards.

You are correct about the port out in June, deactivating the previous account.  Because that account is there, using the same email was not allowed to create a new one, forcing the temp.  But I and others have been able to switch back after activation.

It looks like @PMcNamara16 old email address is still working here to access the community forum, then why is she/he not able to use the same email when activating the account?

is it due to the fact that:

- the number was ported out and old account was closed?

or

- is it not possible to have the same email address that you use to access the community forum to activate your account, if you had joined the community before activating your account?

PMcNamara16

Will await a reply from Mary_M tomorrow hopefully along with a switch to the promo plan. If not, hopefully someone else can help. 

Thanks everyone for your help and I'm glad to be back with PM!

I agree with @NDesai.  You've returned after a long enough absence, that you should be able to change that email.  Your previous account is essentially dead.

Try again later. If you still can't change your email, send private message to one of the mod and they will change it from their end. 

Welcome back to Public Mobile. 

PMcNamara16

I switched to Wind in June. 

When did your last cycle run out, and how long was it?

PMcNamara16

That is where I was attempting to change it.

I get the response: Sorry, that username is not available, please try another one.

I'm attempting to look in Self Serve... but it's not loading for me right now.

THere is a "change username" under the "My Profile" tab.  This is where you do it.

PMcNamara16

Activation and port was successful but was unable to change email address, even before the port. Is there a way to do this now?

Thanks!

@PMcNamara16 Using alternate email will avoid known issues like porting failure form koodo and telus. You're coming from wind so using the email wouldn't be a problem. But since you already had an account with public mobile before with the same email, its better to use alternate email and avoid any issue during porting/activating. 

I had this problem, and got it rsolved based on a suggestion from @Luddite

Create a new account with a different email address.  complete the activation fully before porting in your number.  Once at this point, you can change your new account email back to your primary email.

Once that's all setup and done... you're good to go.

This is when I would attempt to port.

PMcNamara16

So, when I do re activate (I have a new SIM already), I will just have to use a new email address then?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

You should be able to create a new account from the login page.  The link is on the right side of the page.  Depending on your email service, you should be able to do aliases.  Add a dot, move a dot and you have a new account name. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

You will have to activate again. Your account automatically gets deactivated if you port out your number or don't renew for 90 days. 

Need Help? Let's chat.