cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate phone number

sbhuller
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I was a public mobile customer back in 2017.  I was trying to activate a new sim card I purchased ( and port my number from Telus ) -- however I am unable to register my account and resetting my password is also not working.  I figure if I can get my old login to work I will be able to activate the sim ( it was giving me some other sim activation errors but maybe they go away ? ).

5 REPLIES 5

sbhuller

Thanks for the info. I checked and wasn't charged.  I did reach out to the agent to see if they could find something on the backend.  I will try again tomorrow, thx !

@sbhuller   before you go further, first make sure PM has not charge  you on any of those card yet

and did you put in the PM sim card and confirm if still cannot connect to PM network?

If PM has not charged you yet and the sim is not working, I guess you should wait a bit before trying to activate again, maybe tomorrow morning

or you can try to message PM support to confirm none of those activations earlier went through

sbhuller

I tried incognito, cleared cache and everything.  I also tried a new email address, but then it started giving me an error on the payment step.  The card it accepted earlier now didn't work and I tried two others and it kept throwing an error.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sbhuller   if you  try to activate the new sim card, you are on the right track.  

What error you got during activation?  Error 821 or error 837?  If it is one of those,  DO NOT try to re-attempt activation.  PM might have charged you already.  

First check if PM charge your credit card yet.  

Also, put the PM SIM in a phone and check if it connects to PM network and if it can make outgoing calls

If PM has not charge you and the sim card is not connecting, then the activation didn't completed. 

You can try to activate again and request porting, but try to enter the account number of the old provider instead of IMEI.  

If PM has already charged you, then you need to open ticket with PM support and have them to sort out the activation and porting issue.  Since you likely unable to login to My Account yet and open ticket, please open ticket by direct messaging PM support instead

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sbhuller 

You need to start fresh.  Unable to use old account since it was deleted in 2017 if you ported number out or suspended more than 90 days.  

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

Might be a good idea to try the website in private/incognito mode or clear cache. Might even need to use a different email address than the one you used in 2017.  

Need Help? Let's chat.