cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate eSIM

candicez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I trasferred to Public Mobile last night for the $34 20GB/5G plan. When I was installing the eSIM, it showed a success message and said allow up to 5 hours for setup. This morning, I woke up to found no signal on my phone. When I tried to scan the QR code for installing eSIM in the activation email, I got this error message on my phone: "Unable to Activate eSIM: You can try again, or contact your carrier for assisstance." I've then tried many times but all failed. My phone is iPhone 13, and my previous provider is Virgin Mobile.

7 REPLIES 7

candicez

Hello, there is no signal when I insert the old physical sim card from my previous provider (it says emergency calls only with the SOS icon on the top right, instead of the LTE sign it used to show).

Gwanzi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can you confirm whether  you porting or transfer phone number is done? You can insert you previous card into your phone, if there is signal, that means you have transfer phone number again. If not, you can restart your phone firstly, let’s see whether it worked, if not still, purchase another eSIM and ask refund 5dollar from public mobile support!

candicez

Hi and yes, I called the support person with another phone number, and the support person called my PM number later one and I could receive it.

HI @candicez 

so, you can receive inbound calls on your PM?

candicez

Hello, I tried restarting my phone and that seems to have solved the issue: I can see the eSIM card in my phone settings now. And actually, I now received a message from Public Mobile saying "to complete the number transfer request, please restart your phone". However, this was after my transfer from the old provider has completed, so I never ended up receiving it before going into no-signal lol. Thanks for the help!

candicez

Hi, I have called the support team by the said number, and they confirmed that my number has been transferred to public mobile without any issues. However, I am still unable to see the eSIM on my phone (I only see a physical sim and another old eSIM I used for international roaming). The support team told me that they cannot assist further with the eSIM setup. What should I do next?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @candicez 

if you already used your PM service on this phone earlier, then the eSIM should have installed (and it cannot be reinstalled a 2nd time and hence you got the error)

please check the SIM manager on your phone to see if you see the PM esim

if you don't see the esim there, check with PM agent and confirm if your account was fully setup and maybe they can resend you a new QR code. 

Need Help? Let's chat.