cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ulefone Power 3 No cellular service

Lima1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently just received my Ulefone Power 3.  From specs, I believe I should have been able to fully access the Public Mobile Network, however, I am unable to get cellular voice service to make or receive calls.  I was able to configure to get data service on the same band.  Is there an unpublished APN setting that I need to add or change to get the cellular service as well?

These are the Network and SIM specs:

Network

2G GSM: 1900/1800/850/900(B2/3/5/8)

3G WCDMA: 2100/900(B1/8)

4G FDD-LTE: 2100/1800/2600/900/800(B1/3/7/8/20)

SIM

Dual sim dual standby, Nano SIM and Nano SIM/TF

Both SIM slots are compatible with 4G, respectively. When they work at the same time, only one of them can receive LTE service and the other GSM. You can choose in settings which one for 4G.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to waste it to only use it like a tablet.

10 REPLIES 10

@sheytoonwrote:

@Lima1, @will13am

It's not going to work because 3G bands are missing:

http://m.ulefone.com/products/power3/spec.html

Thanks for correcting me!  It was a bit late.  I totally overlooked the 3G bands, definitely no 850/1900 Mhz from the link I used as well.  @Lima1, time to get a different phone as this one just won't work in Canada.

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was looking up the price for a new Ulefone Power 3, $300 CAD. Ouch. I think it might be best to return the phone, or try selling it on Ebay to a buyer overseas where the phone can be used. Either that, or it can be used as a tablet of sorts or wifi only device.

@Lima1wrote:

@will13am I am not able to make calls.  It registers on the 4G for data only.  I am able to get data when registered on the 4G network.  I've been at this for 2 days now and it looks very bleak.  Tried many different configurations on the phone already but only successful to get data working.

In the network settings, there should be an option to select preferred network type.  You need to select LTE preferred, so the phone will drop down to 3G when needed.  If you keep it on LTE only, you cannot make calls and will have no connectivity probably 90% of the time. 

Lima1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@will13am I am not able to make calls.  It registers on the 4G for data only.  I am able to get data when registered on the 4G network.  I've been at this for 2 days now and it looks very bleak.  Tried many different configurations on the phone already but only successful to get data working.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Lima1wrote:

I recently just received my Ulefone Power 3.  From specs, I believe I should have been able to fully access the Public Mobile Network, however, I am unable to get cellular voice service to make or receive calls.  I was able to configure to get data service on the same band.  Is there an unpublished APN setting that I need to add or change to get the cellular service as well?

These are the Network and SIM specs:

Network

2G GSM: 1900/1800/850/900(B2/3/5/8)

3G WCDMA: 2100/900(B1/8)

4G FDD-LTE: 2100/1800/2600/900/800(B1/3/7/8/20)

SIM

Dual sim dual standby, Nano SIM and Nano SIM/TF

Both SIM slots are compatible with 4G, respectively. When they work at the same time, only one of them can receive LTE service and the other GSM. You can choose in settings which one for 4G.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to waste it to only use it like a tablet.

If those are the phone's actual specs band 7 is the only one that is able to connect to PM (where band 7 is available, band 4 would provide more comprehensive coverage)

It would need band 2 and 5 to connect to the 3G network. Which it hasn't if those specs are accurate. This phone will only be able to make a voice / text connection on the 2G Rogers network.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/LTE-network-fundamentals/m-p/198799/highl...

This phone will work for LTE data and text messages, but in limited area where there is network coverage.

However, it will not work at all on the 3g network. Compatibilities with Bands 1 and 8 for 3g do no good for use in Canada. This means that vocie calls will not work, not matter what you try to do with this phone.  This is based off of both the specs that you have provided yourself and also based on the link provided earlier by will13am.  In that link above, that website mentions compatibility with Koodo and Freedom.  However, the specs that they provide would prove them not to be compatible with either.

Sorry, but you should not have purchased this phone and will have to choose something else for use with Public Mobile.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

According to this site, band 7 2600 Mhz is the only compatible LTE band.  The most popular band band 4-AWS is missing and so this phone will run mostly on 3G.  @Lima1, when you say unable to get cellular service, what do you mean by that?  It the phone connecting to the network at all?  It would work on 3G unless you have force selected the phone to connect on LTE only and there are no 2600 Mhz towers in your area.  With respect to APN, it is published.  See link below.

http://www.china-prices.com/phone/bands/10338/ulefone-power-3

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lima1, I couldn't find Power 3 on willmyphonework, but did see the generic Power model.  According to that site, only 4G will work (band 7).  I believe you need to have 3G compatibility for voice.  Unless, the Power 3 is different, which it very well might be.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Lima1 Have you checked for your phone compatibility with PM on:

willmyphonework.net

Need Help? Let's chat.