cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early renewal of data only plan

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Does anyone know whether you can renew your current plan early?

So, if I run out of data on day 70 of a 90 day plan, I just pick it again (Change Plan) from within my account, and choose Start Now (and pay of course).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
10 REPLIES 10

Jeff3278
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Luddite wrote:

EDIT: just realized I cannot do this experiment with my plan as it is grandfathered and cannot be selected from the Change Plan link. Robot Frustrated

That's just what I was about to worry about @Luddite

You always seem one step ahead of me Cat Tongue

@Public how come add on for data is so much higher than inmarket plan rates?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the clarification, @Shazia_K.  It would be nice to see an early renewal without plan change option in the self-serve at some point.  I don't recall seeing that as a public lab suggestion, so maybe I'll drop it in there to see what happens.  It's probably a fairly rare scenario so may not be a priority, but would be nice to have.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Correct; I have not tried it myself. Just would like to know. It would cost $22 to try it; 2 x 10 day texting. I do enjoy PM, but not that much!

Although, just occurred to me I could reduce the cost by trying to renew 1 day early; with my $90/90 day plan that would be $1 plus autopay if affected. 

EDIT: just realized I cannot do this experiment with my plan as it is grandfathered and cannot be selected from the Change Plan link. Robot Frustrated

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

To answer your question, No he won't be able to 😞 we need to manually change it to another plan and then give him back his current plan again. This is all done in the back end here.

The self-serve system will not allow him to renew his current plan before it has expired. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@Luddite @srlawren

You could change to a 10 or 30 day plan to *just get by*, then auto-schedule a plan change to go back to the 90 day plan.

Still would be cheaper.  10 day 1 GB is $25

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite i've never tried doing a plan change to the same plan in self-serve.  I'd love to know if it's possible.  Care to give it a try?  🙂  Although I'm guessing you're just speaking hypothetically and aren't currently in this situation of needing an early renewal?

I would think that if self-serve doesn't allow it, that any of our friendly and wonderful PM moderators would be able and happy to process an early renewal for you if you were to send them all a private message with the request.  It would be great if it's possible in self-serve though!

@Mary_M @Shazia_K @Saray_O do you ladies know if it's possible in self-serve to renew early on the same plan in this hypothetical situation?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Charanth182
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know you use to be able to just change plans in the middle of the month. What if you just change to the exact same plan?

That's my thinking exactly. Just not sure it's allowed.

Although for data only one could just get another SIM, open a new account, and close the "old" one.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

That sounds right to me... It'd be cheaper than the $30/1GB add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.