cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

BJR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased an add on for US roaming for $30 plus tax. When I crossed the border into the US I received a text message from Public Mobile offering the same add on for $10. 
The one time I tried to use Safari on my phone, it didn’t recognize the add-on I purchased. Is there any recourse? I was hoping for a refund. 

7 REPLIES 7

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@BJR wrote:

It was a welcome text, but it also offered me to purchase a roaming add-on for $10. I wish I took a screenshot of it. I had already purchased the 15 day add-on. 

@BJR , The $10 one is data only. “US Roaming - 250 MB Data (15-day)
$10.00”

The $30 one is Talk, Text & Data. “ US Roam-Talk Txt 3 GB Data(15d)
$30.00“

eZy Watermark_01-09-2023_01-49-01-3710PM.jpegeZy Watermark_01-09-2023_02-12-09-4660PM.jpeg

I wouldn't worry about the text. Everyone gets it when they connect to a US tower. Data should have worked fine for you. Yes, you would have needed to turn on roaming data on the phone. Maybe support can give you a break.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Any chance you still have the text? If you didn’t delete it, it should still be in your messages? 

BJR

I am home now. I only tried using the data once to look up the nearest gas station, but my phone didn’t the add-on, or I didn’t have it set up properly. 

BJR

It was a welcome text, but it also offered me to purchase a roaming add-on for $10. I wish I took a screenshot of it. I had already purchased the 15 day add-on. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That's really just the welcome to the US text telling you that you have connected to a US tower. So are you back home now? Did you use talk or text?

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BJR 

Hello, I’m sorry to hear that the data wasn’t working. If you go into your network settings make sure data roaming is turned on. Also you can try going into your network selection settings, turning off automatic and manually connecting to T-Mobile and then rebooting. If T-Mobile doesn’t work you can also try AT&T but I’ve heard more mixed reports and people having more success with T-Mobile.

Also can you confirm when you login on your account that you can see the roaming data you purchased in the data pool? Should be found right when you login under add-on usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.