cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming, texts not working when I get back to canada

RobertWesley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi, last time I got a USA roaming package my texts did not work for about 24 hours after I got back to Canada.  Is this an issue other people had and if so is there a fix for this? Heading down to the States again and don't want this to happen again

9 REPLIES 9

RandomWire

OK, geopublic...thanks...I can "live" with that I guess.

@RandomWire wrote:

Exact thing happened to me.  End of 10-day US plan, boom, cannot receive texts (in Canada).

I will be contacting a mod.

@RandomWire The condition resolves itself within 24 hours of getting back if the moderators don't fix it before then.

RandomWire

Exact thing happened to me.  End of 10-day US plan, boom, cannot receive texts (in Canada).

I will be contacting a mod.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 wrote:

I've used the 10 Day US Roaming Talk & Text plan several many times... but never had this issue happen to me when I get back.

I use an iPhone SE, if that makes any difference.

@hairbag1 I'm guessing you were only receiving blue bubbles and not any green, which would be expected as there is no issue with your mobile data at time of add-on expiry.  You likely were not able to receive any green bubbles* for up to 24 hours, and maybe didn't notice it--especially if you mostly/only message other iPhone users.

* fun fact:  you can actually receive MMS messages (on either platform) during the up-to-24-hours of SMS black hole; thus, it's possible you did receive some green if they were MMS messages like group chats or someone sending you an image or something.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Zackbarr2019

When i call it says i i dont have long distance but im calling my dad and its not long distance im supposed to have canada wide calling hes sitting right beside me with the samd area code but i cant get it to work

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertWesley wrote:

hi, last time I got a USA roaming package my texts did not work for about 24 hours after I got back to Canada.  Is this an issue other people had and if so is there a fix for this? Heading down to the States again and don't want this to happen again

It is a known issue, and no fix for it yet.  Whenever you get back message the moderator team and ask them to remove the US Roaming add-on as you are home and no longer need it.  For some reason after 10 days the add-on won't clear from the plan and creates an issue with texting

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@RobertWesley wrote:

It's been known to happen, just as you've experienced yourself. I've used the 10 Day US Roaming Talk & Text plan several many times... but never had this issue happen to me when I get back.

You can send a message to the moderators to see if there's something they can help with but if there is, it's not been widely publicised.

I use an iPhone SE, if that makes any difference.

Good luck.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RobertWesley wrote:

@RobertWesleyHow long are going for,  will it be less than 10 days?. As far as I know there isn't a fix but what I would recommend is to message the moderator team a day before returning and ask them to to fix it that way when you get back they should have already reset your account from their end.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RobertWesleyIt is a known issue.. unfortunately there is nothing much you can do.

Need Help? Let's chat.