cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming, (no VoLTE)

cowvet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

is there a way to enable VoLTE on my Public Mobile account? I am using roaming while travelling in US and the quality is pretty bad. Can’t even place a call even when I have two or three bars on T-Mobile.

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

beedance0

Hope so as all new towers in Manitoba have no 3G just LTE, so if you can't use VOLTE u have no service.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I second this - so much more reliable and cost efficient, you can find many local options depending on what part of the US you are visiting.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately no VoLTE but there has been chatter that maybe they will making that move in the future, fingers crossed!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@cowvet I don't have a lot of good things to say about Public 10 day US talk packages lately you could 

contact customer service and make them aware and ask for a refund .

1.  you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

@cowvet   To be honest, roaming is not cheap, best option would be to use local data prepaid sim card with VoIP app for voice

As to VoLTE for PM, there has been romour that it will come soon for Canada and roaming in US.  No firm date yet, but let's hope it will be soon

cowvet

Thanks for the replies!

Sounds like PM isn’t a good option for roaming in US, even though their service in Ontario is great for my purposes. Bummer.

I guess I will have to check whether VoLTE is available in roaming the next time I wander south.

Again, thanks.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cowvet   Sorry, NO.  VoLTE is not an option yet

However, try to connect to T-Mobile as much as you can.  T-Mobile still has the 2g network which our voice calls can travel on

But of course, some area still have T-Mobile and AT&T 3G networks for the voice.  The list is getting shorter, but some areas still have it

VoLTE does not work at Public Mobile neither in Canada nor while roaming.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cowvet hi no volte yet with public, not alot of reception for calling in the US unfortunately 

Need Help? Let's chat.