cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming network is not working

antonybaasan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,
I am traveling in Tampa, Florida. I used US Roaming Call,Text,Data 20 days. It worked with no problem. Today I extended and bought US Roaming Call only. Website shows that I have the addon. But my network is glitching, I can't make a call and no one call call to my number.
Can you please quickly check and fix this? Because there no other way get in touch, it is very urgent matter.

7 REPLIES 7

antonybaasan

The add on is visible on my account. I see that it is more stabilizing now. I can call with no problem. Will wait and see.
Thanks all. Not sure what was that. Probably some network issue somewhere.

antonybaasan

I see. I can call to local numbers time to time. I haven't had chance to call to canadian numbers (will try to call different numbers).
But time to time, I can NOT call to local numbers too and local numbers can NOT call to me. Is that still related to the Rogers issue?

@antonybaasan   I believe the problem relates to the fact that you purchased another roaming package with the same component (talk) that was in your first add-on which creates a conflict.  This has been a long running glitch which PM, in their wisdom, have not, to date, decided to fix.  You needed to wait 24 hours from the first roaming add-on to expire before purchasing the second one, although I understand that is a ridiculous situation.

Perhaps submit  a ticket and ask customer support to take a look and get your roaming working instead of waiting.  Here's a link to submit a ticket via chatbot:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you see the add-ons on the plan details page? How many have talk?

When exactly did you buy the bundle? When did you buy the single?

Hi @antonybaasan    Can you make call to some local US number?  There is a big chaos in Canada now with Rogers network.  You won't be able to call anyone who are using Rogers network

For your add-on , you sure the new add-on is there?  you cannot buy the same add-on before the first one expired.  In fact, you have to wait 24 hours after the first one expired

(But you can buy a diffferent one)  So, check if the new add-on shows up in your My Account

antonybaasan

Tried this: manually connected to T-Mobile and Verizon. Both shows same issue.

Btw, it is looks like a it connects and disconnects because I see that R symbol shows up time to time.

antonybaasan

To fix it, just in case, I restarted my phone and removed and inserted back the sim card. No luck so far.

Need Help? Let's chat.