cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming calls drop after about 45 seconds

MattKBD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,
I have a US roaming add-on that worked fine for the first 2 weeks but for the last 2 days, the calls keep dropping after about 45 seconds. First I hear 3 beeps after about 20 seconds and another 3 just before it drops. Has anyone experienced that?
Cheers 

13 REPLIES 13

@MattKBD 

Are you saying the bundle isn't working? ( The text and data?) There was another issue at the beginning of the year with US roaming add ons not working with calls dropping after 53 seconds. It required the removal of the add ons, an account reset and the add ons re-added to the account.

There are no known delays in customer support times so 30 hours is a long time to not hear back. You may want to open a new customer support ticket or follow up the original with a private message quoting the original reference #. Explain that your new talk add on is working that the bundle appears to be the issue. Ask for them to remove it and credit your account.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sorry for the frustration.  Hopefully you hear back soon and they can do something for you (possibly a partial account credit or something; but don't hold me to that)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MattKBD

Actually I haven't but ended buying a Talk only and I can now place calls normally. The bundle Talk Text and Data I bought 3 days ago shows up in my add-ons but it looks like I bought it for nothing. That being said the assistance really sucks. Still haven't heard from anyone after about 30 hours. Thank you for your help and letting me understand the reason of the glitch.

srlawren

@MattKBD wrote:

I guess there is nothing I can do about it except contacting a moderator.

@MattKBD unfortunately, yes.  Hopefully you've already gotten assistance by now.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MattKBD

I actually renewed the day before it ends and it seems like this is what caused the issue. Cheers

MattKBD

Thank you for your help. This is indeed what must have happened as I renewed the day before it ends. I guess there is nothing I can do about it except contacting a moderator.

srlawren

@MattKBD this is known to happen if you have more than one active instance of the 10-day US Roaming Talk add-on.  This can happen to people if for example they purchase the 10-day talk add-on and then also purchase one of the roaming bundle add-ons that also include talk; OR, if they try to renew their 10-day US Roaming Talk add-on before the current one expires.  

Yup, @Anonymous, could be Canada from US (if in US).   I'll just edit it out from original so as to not cause undue confusion. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Where did you get that the OP was calling _to_ the US? My assumptions are that he's in the states and trying to call either the US or Canada.

@MattKBD : Is it also possible that you doubled up on a roaming add-on? This is known to mess up roaming.

@Anonymous wrote:

@MattKBD : Just to get the obvious out of the way...roaming add-ons are only for 10 days.

Our experience aside, @MattKBD , it's odd you're even able to make roaming calls beyond the 10-day add-on period, as pointed out by @Anonymous & @RosieR .

If you are able to, (even for a brief 45 seconds), contacting the Moderators may result in that limited option being removed entirely.

You're call. (pardon the pun!!!)

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

OK, that is uncanny, @MattKBD 

One of our family services experienced that EXACT same phenomena while on an outgoing call to another local number.  It happened twice within a short period of time and has not recurred.   We posted about it but no one really knew or commented on what the "3 little beeps" were.   

I asked the Moderators, and they didn't comment specifically on the "3 little beeps" which preceded the call dropping in our case as well, but they did say that they made an "adjustment to the account" which should make a difference.

If that's true, your only recourse is contacting the Moderators to request same.

Here's how to contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@MattKBD wrote:

Hi there,
I have a US roaming add-on that worked fine for the first 2 weeks but for the last 2 days, the calls keep dropping after about 45 seconds. First I hear 3 beeps after about 20 seconds and another 3 just before it drops. Has anyone experienced that?
Cheers 

Hi @MattKBD all US roaming add-ons are 10-day packages.  So you being able to get 2 weeks (14 days) out of it, was good for you.

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattKBD : Just to get the obvious out of the way...roaming add-ons are only for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.