cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming bundle

Fina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hello, I am in the US and am trying to buy the $20 US roaming bundle. In my account to purchase add on for US roaming, there is not avsilabke option to purchase it. The only bundle available is text and talk for $15, and the data for 250 mg is $10. So, the total will be $25 instead of $20. How do I purchase it for $20 as per Public Mobile website?
Thank you,
Fina
16 REPLIES 16

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm encountering the same issue right now. My talk/text/data add on has expired today and it appears I'll have to wait till tomorrow before I can renew it. That's really annoying.

Over four years since this problem was first identified and still no solution? 

phileops

I'll add another voice and another scenerio why this shouldn't be the case.

I was last in the US on May 23rd. My 10 days expires June 1st. I head out for the US again on June 2nd. This prevents me from adding the add-on until my trip is underway. Hopefully all these examples will give Public Mobile what they need to make these changes.

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You really should not have to wait until the next day to purchase the add-on for a second 10 day period. That's clearly just wrong, and needs to be fixed.

As several people have suggested, it should be possible to purchase the add-on ahead of time, and select the start date and time. This would solve this kind of problem and be really useful. You could buy the add-on before leaving home, and have it start when you arrive in the US. Not sure why PM are not allowing this. Sounds like simple idea to me. It's not rocket science! The banks allow you to pay a bill and select the time and date. 

However, if waiting 24 hours before adding a second add-ons is a "feature" and not a bug, it sounds like they really need to look at having a longer period option, say, 30 days.

We can always dream.

@Fina

No problem always here to provide help to fellow users 

And enjoy your rest of trip in USA hopefully its will get fixed in near future 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Fina
Thank you, indeed, for initiating it. I do hope that Public Mobile will look into it and fix it; it is great to be able to roam with great price and having my own number from Canada rather than buying a pay as you go simcard in the US.

@Fina

Glad to hear your issue is been resolved 

And agreed 100 percents once its expired its expired user should have a option to buy again right away without waiting 24 hours like in your cases this need to be fixed 

I created a  topic in public lab regarding this issue when you get a chance check it out and support me on this by bravo thanks 

Here's a link 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/U-s-roaming-add-on/idi-p/152062#M6279

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Fina
You are right. I just sign back in to my account, and I do see the option to buy the $20 US roaming bundle.
I should not have to wait 24 hours or a day after it expires in order to purchase more roaming add on. I hope Public Mobile will fix it. I am lucky that today I could get by without having any phone or data. Otherwise, the roaming had been great and had no issue.
Thank you all who had contributed to help solve the problem. You are all awesome.

@Fina

Wait till tomorrow morning its should have come up already as you mentioned expired yesterday its probably self serve glitch if its doesn't show up by midnight or morning then get mod involved hopefully thry will help you out with it 

Fina
Thank you all. It seems that I won't get it resolved today and am very disappointed and frustrated; I will try tomorrow when the moderators are on line. My US $20 bundle roaming already expired at the end of May 6th. There is no US roaming active in my account. So, I should be able to purchase the $20 US roaming bundle.

@Samianauman When you select a pic for upload and before submitting, you can resize from the drop down on the side. Also, you can edit the post and drag the image from corner to shrink the size.

@Fina wrote:
I did purchase the US $20 bundle on April 27th and it just expired last night. I need to purchase the same now and am in the US.
In My Account, when I click on the purchase add on, there is no option for the $20 bundle.

Thats the problem as system doesn't allow the same add-on purchase before 10 days. I think you should be able to at midnight or tomorrow morning. 

@Fina

Make sure its completed 10 days and check your add on section if its still showing up also I don't know if *611 work in use try that to make a add on purchase see if that help otherwise send a msg to mod maybe they can manually fix it for you what you can do do a manual fund transfer like 20 dollars to your available funds and send a msg to mod in details they can add a add on for you since you are not able too 

Here how to contact

Contact mod dept they will help you with the process

In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:

* PM account email address 

* PM phone number

* Detailed explanation

* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link then webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your reason with account and email address 

Thanks 

@NDesai

How to reduce size of pic if I m on smartphone is there a way ? I tried but can't find a way how 

Fina
I did purchase the US $20 bundle on April 27th and it just expired last night. I need to purchase the same now and am in the US.
In My Account, when I click on the purchase add on, there is no option for the $20 bundle.

@Samianauman Can you please resize the pics when you upload so they don't get posted this big. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Have you purchased the $20 US add-on less than 10 days ago? 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

@Fina

It's should be 20 dollars add-on for USA roaming i just checked mineScreenshot_20170507-183036.png

It's a 20 dollars for 10 days plan for all 3 service what plan are you on now 

But if your screen doesn't show up the way its showing in my screen shot then its a website error have you purchase any add-on already only other reason I can see if you already bought a 15 dollars talk and text USA roaming maybe that's why you are not able to see 20 dollars option because of already have talk and text for 10 days and system won't let you buy same feature again with 250 mb data that's why giving you data only option 

Need Help? Let's chat.