cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US data roaming

Simbaris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have added $20 US data roaming on account yesterday. It was working and today it has stopped working. Also, I can only receive text but cannot send text. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong ? I am roaming in Portland, Oregon. Travelling from Vancouver. I can see on my account that I have used 34 MByte out of the 250 Mbyte. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Simbaris wrote:

I have added $20 US data roaming on account yesterday. It was working and today it has stopped working. Also, I can only receive text but cannot send text. Can anyone suggest what could be wrong ? I am roaming in Portland, Oregon. Travelling from Vancouver. I can see on my account that I have used 34 MByte out of the 250 Mbyte. Please help.

Keywords are important around here. You said data roaming. But the only $20 roaming is the talk/text/250MB bundle. Then you mention the 250MB counter so it must be the bundle.

As mentioned, try to manually scan for and connect to either of T-Mobile or AT&T as needed. Sometimes one of them might have better reception in a particular area. Maybe you're in an area that isn't good for one of them.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

You have no roaming txt with the data only addon.  You will need to add the us roaming txt and/or talk if you wish it.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For the receiving texts thing that is normal. Even if you purchased no US add on you can still receive text messages.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Simbaris wrote:

@Simbaris  Make sure roaming and data are turned on. Maybe try putting your phone in airplane mode for 5 minutes and back. If it's still not working try connection manually to T-Mobile or AT&T. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Has it been more then 10 days after you purchased us roaming as it expires ?

Here is more info about troubleshooting.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Need Help? Let's chat.