cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming

Allan7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have a 3G plan. I'm going to the US for 3 weeks. I understand that there may be issues with having a 3G plan in the US

If I upgrade my plan to the 5G, 50GB  @$34/month will I then no longer need to purchase a US roaming add-on

5 REPLIES 5

Chipster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just got back from the US. I have the US/CDN plan. I was all prepared to follow instructions like you and many others have posted (I have those instructions saved in a pic on my phone😁). I was plesantly surprised that I did not have to do anything but turn on data roaming. No other manual configs were required on my Samsung A53.

HI @Allan7 

iphone 11 will work. So, you are good for VoLTE and data

Allan7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone 11..  Will it work with that phone. I believe the iPhone 11 is 4G/LTE and not 5G

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Allan7 

That is correct.  You will not need to purchase a US roaming add on with the $34 plan.  

Which model phone do you have?  Is it VoLTE compatible to PM service?  That is more important for a better talk experience while roaming in the USA than the actual PM plan.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/volte

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Allan7 if you purchase a can-us plan, no you don't need to purchase extra add-ons.

Key thing is that you must have a VoLTE enabled phone. 

If you do purchase that plan, you would need to do the below:

You would need to put your phone to 4G/LTE and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T.   

If calls don't work, put your phone to 2G and connect to T-Mobile. From the settings menu, turn on data roaming.

Try not to use 5G automatically,  but manually connect. 

Need Help? Let's chat.