cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting phone plan on a hold.

Berniice_02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'm going to be out of country for 6 months and wandering if there's a way to put the phone plan on a hold for the 6 month period.  

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Berniice_02 
Unfortunately, you can’t put your account on pause for 6 months.
The maximum is 90 days. If longer, your account will be closed for nonpayment, your SIM will be useless and your number will be returned to the carrier you got the number from. 

If keep your account and everything…just switch to the lowest $15 so your account will continue with payment.

Berniice_02

@hTideGnow you're the best! Thank you so much for your time and replies, it's been helpful!

hi @Berniice_02 for email to receive 2FA code, you dont have to do anything.  

When you login. and at the security code screen, click the link Didn't receive code and check if Send email is an option.  Click Send email and confirm it works

Berniice_02

Thank you @hTideGnow ! Good to know.

I'm trying to locate on my account where I can change the 2FA but I can't seem to find it. I went to Profile> Manage EverSafe ID but don't see anywhere that I can change it to email. Would you by any chance know where I can make this update?

I tried asking the chat box, but it told me to look for the 'security section' under EverSafe ID but I don't seem to have such a section.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Berniice_02 

you can put it on hold but not 6 months.  you can only put an account on hold for max 90 days, then you have to resume the service for 30 days and then you can put it on hold again for another 90 days

to put on hold, just go to My Account, payment page and then Manage Subscription and turn off Subscribed.  your account will not renew at the end of the cycle.  Come back and make a manual payment to resume for 30 days no later than 90 days, better couple days earlier

and after you suspend your account, you will need to use email to receive the 2FA code, make sure you can receive the code

Need Help? Let's chat.