cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming & Data Plans

cicek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there!

I will be traveling to the US soon. Last time I was in the US (in Miami area) internet didn't work for me despite having purchased a roaming plan for US, but I was able to text and call. This time I am travelling to the San Francisco area. If I purchase the 'US Roam-Talk & Txt 3GB data plan', and have roaming settings enabled on my phone, will internet work?

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@cicek 

be aware the latest PM US Roaming talk / text and 3GB of data are now 15 days (360 hours after successful purchase).

If any portion of your PM purchase fails to work as intended...I suggest asking for a credit for that portion that didn't work.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @cicek  it should work for data. Data on TMobile LTE network, it is easier to connect

and if that does not work well, PM will refund you

but if you go there long , maybe buy local data prepaid sim card and use VoIP app to make and receive calls and texts

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@cicek @Also note roaming addons start as soon as they are purchased so be sure to only purchase it right before you head there 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

According to Public Mobile:

PM will have T-mobile 2G network for US talk. Try to manually connect to T-mobile.

Roaming is for Data only. Voice and SMS text will still work.

Data will work on LTE, but will switch over to 2G to make a call.

However, the quality of service will vary depending on the different coverage areas when roaming in the USA.

Need Help? Let's chat.