cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Talk is not working

johnorjoan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I paid for Add-ons: x1 US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day).

Text works and Talk does not work.

How do I contact Public to correct the talk issue?

FYI, I ordered the same service for my wife and it works fine.

I swapped sim cards between my phone and my wife's phone and the talk issue follows the sim card so this is a Public Mobile issue.

Thanks,

John

5 REPLIES 5

@johnorjoan wrote:

Now one account does not have the ability to add US roaming data. We have 2 days left before returning to Canada and will have to tether the phones to have data on both.

@johnorjoan 

Are you re-buying the exact same roaming addon?  Was the last purchase of that account less than 11 days?  

If you buy the exact addon, you need to wait till that original 10 days expired and then wait an additional 24 hours.  Yes, it is trouble

for the incoming voice issue, likely because the phone does not switch quick enough between LTE and 2G (voice roaming needs T-Mobile 2G network).  Workarounds is to change your preferred network to 2G, but that is not ideal as your data will be stuck in 2G as well.

Let's hope PM will bring in VoLTE soon and all these roaming voice issue will be history

johnorjoan

A summary of my experiences with Talk Text and Data.

This was a 3 week stay in central and west coast Florida. We had 2 public mobile phones that both connected to T Mobile for the duration of the trip.

Data seemed very reliable.

Text was not used much but seemed OK.

Voice was unreliable. Many incoming calls did not work. We could call out but were not receiving calls. The issue was intermittent so we could not predict when it worked and did not work. This incoming talk issue happened on both phones. 

The web interface for viewing account did not work on either phone (Android 9 and 12 versions). Lucky we had a laptop with us or we would have no way to manage addons.

Purchasing an addon is very difficult. It seems likek you purchase the addon with credit card, then it never completes, Public takes the money and leaves the account with a credit. Then purchase the addon again and this time the credit gets applied to the purchase.

Now one account does not have the ability to add US roaming data. We have 2 days left before returning to Canada and will have to tether the phones to have data on both.

@johnorjoan...

for reference...can you let us know what network your phone connects to when using the add-on.

Also, which area of US are you using the roaming add-on ?

When you get home...give us a report on your experience using talk add-on while in US.

Safe travels.

johnorjoan

I added "US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day)" and now voice calls work.

I will not pursue opening a ticket. Thanks for the help.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@johnorjoan wrote:

I swapped sim cards between my phone and my wife's phone and the talk issue follows the sim card so this is a Public Mobile issue.

@johnorjoan good troubleshooting step!!

So, you login to your wife's My Account and confirmed that the add-on was purchased successfully and is showing up on her My Account (please use Incognito mode to login My Account)

Open a ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.