cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day)

mschmutz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is the US Roaming - Talk Text (10-day) plan still a good option for traveling to the US. Will we connect to their 4G towers or only the 3G towers that are now decommissioned?

I also have a sim card with Koodo but their Easy Roam plans are $12 a day

6 REPLIES 6

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I would not rely on this add-on as many report issues in different parts of USA.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Which area of US are you going to ?

My only recent experience is using the add-on whilst traveling in Washington state.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Lots of nightmare stories about the PM roaming and lots of ppl clamouring on here after their trip about their horrible experience and demanding a refund - so caveat emptor and then some

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

If you need reliable service, I would go with Koodo. 

Public mobile data should be working fine, since it will use LTE network. However, talk will rely on the T mobile 2G network, which is unreliable depending on where you are visiting and the particular area.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You would need to manually connect to T-Mobile. Talk is the primary problem. Text and data should theoretically work fine. And then last night someone posted some interesting comments that maybe we can use Verizon. I highly doubt it but they seemed to be saying that an agent told them that.

Need Help? Let's chat.