cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Plans

pckku
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I plan to visit the US in the near future and have the following questions:

1.  Is there an option to indicate the start day of the US roaming add-on or it becomes effective when payment is made?

2.  How does the US Roaming service clock start?  Effective from the moment payment is made and ends at 23:59 on the 10th day? Question is if I subscribe the US Raoming at 23:00, then effectively I am only getting 9 days and one hour?

3.  During the 10-days period, I will be coming back to Home Province for a few days and then back to the US. Will the US Roaming add-on (e.g. Unlimited Talk and Text) works while I am staying in my Home Province (note I ONLY have Province wide call service subscription)?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

pckku

I agree the "start date" feature should have been there for the US Roaming add-on.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This question is a candidate item for labs to have greater clarity added to the timing for the US addons whose clock keeps ticking.  Actually, the best thing would be to allow a customer to select a start time/date in the present/future.  This would provide the best flexibility.  Nobody wants to be worried about buying an addon on travel day while having to think about a million other things before heading out. 

pckku

Hello @Luddite,

Thank you for the info.

According to your response: "2. more likely you get a minimum of 240 hours; perhaps more if you sign up at just the right time".  The effective service cycle is 240 hours per payment time, say, paid at 11:00pm on day 1 and will expire at 11:00pm on day 10?

This means I can sign up the US Roaming add-on at anytime and will get a minimum 240 hours of service.

Thank you

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @pckku,

Just want to elaborate on number 3.  Your home plan will work while you are back in Canada.  When you connect to a US cell tower again within the 10-day period, your roaming service will resume.  The clock doesnt stop once u r back in Canada though... the 10-day period is continuous.  

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

1. effective date of payment.

2. more likely you get a minimum of 240 hours; perhaps more if you sign up at just the right time

3. roaming only works when you are in USA while connected to US network.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.