cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Experience

Greyguo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I visited US at the end of July, I purchased the data only roaming at the beginning, and it worked well in first few days. then I started not getting data service, and it's very hard for me to contact forum for support without data as I was in a rural area most of time. I thought it may because I did not purchase the voice/SMS together, and certain system bug may cause the problem, so I managed to purchase another package for voice/SMS, it worked for half hour, then also not working any more. really frustrated about the US roaming. 

Will not waste roaming money again, just purchase another esim or sim for US

5 REPLIES 5

Greyguo

Thanks Meow, I will try refund as you suggested

Greyguo

Thanks Will13am, actually what I really cannot figure out is that it was working, and suddenly no signal anymore, I was in the same area (same room) during the stay. it's sure not the coverage issue. Same for the voice/SMS, as I was expecting at least I need some urgent phone service, but only worked for half hour. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Greyguo , I was in the US in July as well and found coverage outside of major centers to be quite disappointing.  The situation doesn't seem to have improved from the last time I was there.  There is nothing that Public Mobile can do.  As for using a US service, it would be on the same networks, unless certain towers are excluded from Public Mobile roaming access.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Thank you for presenting your experience. It is miracle you were able to have ANY US service in rural area. So far only ONE customer was satisfied with US add-on. Everybody else come here to vent frustration.

You can try to get refund. It will not hurt to ask agent.

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Watch for envelope in top right corner of Community page. It will show Number of unread emails.

Greyguo

I tried things like manually select T-Mobile etc, just not working

Need Help? Let's chat.